Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It sounds like you think Holtz would be more valuable to another team. Wouldn’t it be better if we used him to trade for a more established player? 

There's been a lot of proposals centered on Holtz for fiala. I still think it's unlikely we move Holtz. He was excellent in the A, and the sample size is too small in the NHL to really draw a conclusion yet. I think he could be a bad fit for style, but that's complete conjecture

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There's been a lot of proposals centered on Holtz for fiala. I still think it's unlikely we move Holtz. He was excellent in the A, and the sample size is too small in the NHL to really draw a conclusion yet. I think he could be a bad fit for style, but that's complete conjecture

Listening to podcasts, it seems like everyone is in a place where it’s time to win/ compete for the playoffs but people sre really reluctant to trade a guy like Holtz or the #2 pick. 

If Holtz turns out to be like Fiala, wouldn’t we be happy? Or at least content? I get contracts are an issue too but it’s not like we’re strapped for cash. 

On top of a goalie , I just think we need another plus player to really make some noise and we have ammunition to do it. 

Real conversation: 

"show me even strength Ice time"

Me: *shows ES ice time where 3 centers are separated by 90 second of ice time and only a single winger has more ice time*

"Just as I thought, only high on because of his PK time" 

What?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Real conversation: 

"show me even strength Ice time"

Me: *shows ES ice time where 3 centers are separated by 90 second of ice time and only a single winger has more ice time*

"Just as I thought, only high on because of his PK time" 

What?

Save your sanity and just don't post there until after we draft and sign/trade guys.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems like Habs fans are fairly confident that they are taking Wright after Hughes' combine interviews and whatnot (I haven't listened, just basing it off what I was seeing on HF) 

Yeah, there's like a 2% chance they don't take Wright. The optics would look terrible if they pass on him. He's been hit with massive prospect fatigue but he's still, for me, the clear cut #1 pick. He may never be a star but he's going to be an insanely valuable piece. I don't care about his CHL production, tbqh. Laffy put up a **** ton of points and the dude looks like a middle 6 winger in the NHL. Look at the tape and tell me that Wright isn't better than everyone else in this class.

• Like 1