Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Some teams win despite coaching. Case in point...the 2011-2012 Devils and the current San Jose Sharks. 

*yes this is a dig at Pete DeBoer*

So doesn't seem like many people expect a contract extension to be done by the time the season opens. What's your preference in how to handle that? 

If it's not done, do you trade him? If so, when? As early as possible? What if we are sitting in a low playoff spot or something? Do you sell just to get something for him before he potentially leaves? 

I really dislike the position Hall is going to put us in if we don't have him locked up by the time the season starts. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

So doesn't seem like many people expect a contract extension to be done by the time the season opens. What's your preference in how to handle that? 

If it's not done, do you trade him? If so, when? As early as possible? What if we are sitting in a low playoff spot or something? Do you sell just to get something for him before he potentially leaves? 

I really dislike the position Hall is going to put us in if we don't have him locked up by the time the season starts. 

Trade him. I'm not risking him getting hurt during the season and getting absolutely nothing. If he doesn't want to commit to us, trade him. You see what Mark Stone got with an extension? Imagine the return we get for Hall with an extension. Yes, I love Hallsy but I'm not risking the future of my franchise for to appease him. If he isn't signed to an extension by September, it's time to work the phones.

I'm also not one for in-season extensions. That stuff should be handled during the offseason. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Trade him. I'm not risking him getting hurt during the season and getting absolutely nothing. If he doesn't want to commit to us, trade him. You see what Mark Stone got with an extension? Imagine the return we get for Hall with an extension. Yes, I love Hallsy but I'm not risking the future of my franchise for to appease him. If he isn't signed to an extension by September, it's time to work the phones.

I'm also not one for in-season extensions. That stuff should be handled during the offseason. 

Agreed. And honestly, I hope we players already in the NHL that are already proving their worth. I mention Meier earlier. We know San Jose loves to make a splash, may lose EK...give me Meier in that deal over a draft pick. Nearly 70 points this year as a 22 year old. Yes, he's off his ELC, but that's fine, we have the space. Vancouver has a number of young guys that would certainly get my attention if they wanted to get involved. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed. And honestly, I hope we players already in the NHL that are already proving their worth. I mention Meier earlier. We know San Jose loves to make a splash, may lose EK...give me Meier in that deal over a draft pick. Nearly 70 points this year as a 22 year old. Yes, he's off his ELC, but that's fine, we have the space. Vancouver has a number of young guys that would certainly get my attention if they wanted to get involved. 

Exactly. There will be plenty of options/suitors. 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm definitely terrified of how they would respond LOL. 

Well, I guess you shouldn't have been because they seem to have the same thought we do.

if Hall is not signed by training camp, he should be traded. Its pretty simple.

From Zajac's Bowl Cut

Jack Hughes, the likely No. 1 pick in the 2019 NHL draft, broke the IIHF Men's World U18 Championship scoring record Sunday -- a mark that had been held by Alex Ovechkin.

Hughes collected three points in Team USA's 5-2 win in the bronze-medal game against rival Canada to finish his U18 worlds career with 32 points, one more than what Ovechkin put up over the 2002 and 2003 tournaments.

Hughes's 20 points is the second highest single-tournament point total in the event's history. He fell just one point shy of equaling the record set by current Tampa Bay Lightning star Nikita Kucherov in 2011. Hughes set the mark for most points in a single tournament by a U.S. player.

Welcome to New Jersey, Jack!

• Like 1