Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Again, that doesn't really solve much. Can't rely on Tatar as a top 6er at this point and it just opens up the fact that we'd need a top 6er again in 2023-24 anyways. We have prospect depth, there's no reason we can't use it to consolidate and get actual NHL ready talent rather than hoping someone else takes a step up. I know building organically is ideal but there's a time and a place for making a move. Just refusing to do so because you build in the off-season isn't a viable strategy. Go get the talent when it's there and when you need it. Especially when none of the youth is taking the job or even proving to be ready. That or go get a bottom 6 power forward and put Zetterlund back up in the top 6, not wasting him with talentless hustle guys like Wood and McLeod.

I think he'll do something...I think he's waiting to see how much he needs to do. Timo would still be the big prize, but I am curious to see how much he wants to put himself in a position to have to work on two long term winger contracts this off season. 

I still think that he's going to look super hard at Josh Anderson

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

McLeod is so ******* hopeless offensively. Just a complete non-threat. It's like having a defensive SS that hits .190.

I feel like in a perfect world you  would replace him with Haula for next year and try to find another defensive minded center beyond that. Find someone that at least has some sort of offensive inclination lol 

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like in a perfect world you  would replace him with Haula for next year and try to find another defensive minded center beyond that. Find someone that at least has some sort of offensive inclination lol 

And preferably someone that doesn't have that "he may or may not have partaken in a group rape session" aura around him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't see why. He's 29 in May with 4 more seasons at $5.5 Million. He's not worth going after whatsoever unless Montreal eats 50%.

He's big, he's fast. I think that the contract is atrocious, but I think that the NHL is ready to pay - they know the cap is going up, so a deal like that doesn't bother them at all. He's basically a 20 goal pace scorer year in and year out and hits things. I think Fitz is going to make a move for that type of player for sure....I'm just trying to figure out what rank he's going for in terms of the quality of player. 

Timo would be shooting for the moon and may not be long term. 

Crouse is would be the excellent backup plan since he's basically just the better version of Anderson (maybe not as fast) 

Tom Wilson would be another good pull if he's healthy. 

Josh Anderson is like the better version of Miles wood that you can put on a second line wing. I don't want anything to do with Anderson, but I don't doubt that Fitzy could be very interested in him. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's big, he's fast. I think that the contract is atrocious, but I think that the NHL is ready to pay - they know the cap is going up, so a deal like that doesn't bother them at all. He's basically a 20 goal pace scorer year in and year out and hits things. I think Fitz is going to make a move for that type of player for sure....I'm just trying to figure out what rank he's going for in terms of the quality of player. 

$5.5 Million for 20 goal pace is gross. I don't care that he's big and fast.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

$5.5 Million for 20 goal pace is gross. I don't care that he's big and fast. He's also a **** hockey player.

I think that's going to be the standard moving forward with the cap going up, that's why I don't think that people will care when it comes to Anderson's deal. Goodrow makes almost 4  million and has never scored more than 13 and only broken 10 once. Coleman makes 5 and he's broken 20 twice in 5 seasons and was well below in others. 

Just now, Forge said:

The biggest improvement on the power play this year isn't our scoring, it's just the fact that I'm not terrified of giving up the shorty. 

That's not a big enough improvement 

Probably because we don't have a legitimate sniper on the PP. Kind of integral if you're going to have a good one.

• Like 1