Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Probably because we don't have a legitimate sniper on the PP. Kind of integral if you're going to have a good one.

I get why they want to keep the best players on the ice, but I agree that not all the parts slide together seamlessly. 

Just now, Forge said:

I get why they want to keep the best players on the ice, but I agree that not all the parts slide together seamlessly. 

Mercer flat out doesn't fit. Replace him with an actual sniper or someone that can play down low. Nico may not be a true PP1 guy either. We're still missing quite a bit.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Then Lindy probably shouldn't abandon an entire line b2b nights...

He definitely doesn't trust that third line like at all. Boqvist, sometimes Rango (he got good ice tonight, but last night he had like 6 minutes) and then whomever that third person is. Holtz / Johnsson / etc etc. 

Being down two regular starters certainly hurts a little. I'd assume that this evens out much more when Palat and Bastian are back because the Holtz / Johnsson combo is gone and we may even see Boqvist hit the bricks and be a healthy scratch more often than not. I think at that point you'll see a much more evenly dispersed time on ice with that bottom line getting 10-11 minutes instead of 5-6. 

I imagine it looks something like 

Bratt - Nico - Tatar

Mercer - Jack - Palat

Zetterlund - Haula - Rango

Bastian - Mikey - Wood 

Just now, Forge said:

He definitely doesn't trust that third line like at all. Boqvist, sometimes Rango (he got good ice tonight, but last night he had like 6 minutes) and then whomever that third person is. Holtz / Johnsson / etc etc. 

Being down two regular starters certainly hurts a little. I'd assume that this evens out much more when Palat and Bastian are back because the Holtz / Johnsson combo is gone and we may even see Boqvist hit the bricks and be a healthy scratch more often than not. I think at that point you'll see a much more evenly dispersed time on ice with that bottom line getting 10-11 minutes instead of 5-6. 

I imagine it looks something like 

Bratt - Nico - Tatar

Mercer - Jack - Palat

Zetterlund - Haula - Rango

Bastian - Mikey - Wood 

Obviously since that's what happened when fully healthy. Thing is, we're never going to be fully healthy. In a b2b scenario, you can't lean heavily on 3 lines and expect things to go smoothly. If you're worried about balance, then ******* mix it up and not put 2-3 guys you don't trust together. I mean, you're going to lose most nights when you're playing Erik Haula and Tomas Tatar 19 minutes each.