Around the NFL

Forge

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the jets win again, they fail at tanking lol. Top pick could be between us and brownies again

It's somewhat of a lose-lose for those who need a QB (us), whoever wins this game. If the Jags and Jets could both win, that'd be great. Maybe they'll tie. 

Man that would be great. 

Bengals also get off the snide. 

I would have gone for it on 4th down there if I was the Bills. Their defense has been good all game and the run game was rolling that drive. Miss it, then make the Falcons go 99 yards without Julio Jones. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

It's somewhat of a lose-lose for those who need a QB whoever wins this game. If the Jags and Jets could both win, that'd be great. Maybe they'll tie. 

Not really. Jags already have two wins. It would be much better if the Jets get the win.

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

It's somewhat of a lose-lose for those who need a QB (us), whoever wins this game. If the Jags and Jets could both win, that'd be great. Maybe they'll tie. 

I don't have fears about the Jags being that bad though. Even if they lose this game, I see their floor as being a 5-6 win team, which is way too many to get up there for a pick.  Honestly, I think that they're going to be a team that goes after Smith / Tyrod / Bradford or even Teddy B rather than a rookie. They have a team that can win now. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not really. Jags already have two wins. It would be much better if the Jets get the win.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'm rooting for the teams that need QBs this year though haha. I think we win today, and I think there will probably be a number of teams looking for a QB this year (more than normal). There are also going to be some good vet options available this offseason though as well, so it'll be an interesting offseason. 

What in the world is going on with the Patriots at home this year? This is just amazing. They lose to KC, almost lost to Houston, could lose to Carolina...there's a legit chance that after 4 weeks, they are tied with the Jets in the division lol

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is Newton's best game in a while. 

It's because I said he was on the downswing. I have a weird knack for saying something like that and then having the player do something that directly contradicts me this year. 

Ugh, Jets. Don't do that. Wow, what a change there. Had a chance to take a very comfortable lead, instead turnover that's returned for a touchdown. My fantasy team appreciates it (I have Jax defense today), but my real life football allegiances hate it. 

Serious question - is big ben still one of the better quarterbacks in the league? For two years, he's been pretty below average on the road, and given that's half your games, I don't know how he's still a top 8 quarterback in this league anymore. 

Archived