Around the NFL

Forge

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Browns have dominated on both ends but it is still a game. At least they are up a TD. Kizer looks good, hopefully he gets to play with Gordon at some point. 

For the fourth consecutive time let me ask again. If I say the Saints are the best team in the NFC, you say???

I say the  Eagles are on a bye, so they don't get the same opportunity to impress this week. 

Just now, Forge said:

I say the  Eagles are on a bye, so they don't get the same opportunity to impress this week. 

Saints / Eagles are 1/2 though. Order is largely irrelevant I think. You can make a case for either at this point. 

Health is a major concern for the Eagles though. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And of course you have the Vikings who are rolling on both sides of the ball. Damn the NFC playoffs are going to be a bloodbath. 

I put the Vikings well below the other two. The fact that they can't really run the ball, and they have the worst quarterback of the three teams bodes very poorly. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I put the Vikings well below the other two. The fact that they can't really run the ball, and they have the worst quarterback of the three teams bodes very poorly. 

Still amazes me how well Keenum has been playing so far. Helps when you have Diggs and Thielen as your WRs though.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why aren't they? They can run, they can pass, they have a ferocious front. They could definitely win that game. 

Though I will say, the Saints just drove like 90 yards without throwing the ball once lol

I am so happy Kamara is playing as well as he is. 

I am less happy that we traded that pick to them to allow them to pick him. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

I am so happy Kamara is playing as well as he is. 

I am less happy that we traded that pick to them to allow them to pick him. 

If it makes you feel better, we also traded the picks that yielded TY Hilton to the Colts and Ray Lewis to the Ravens. 

14 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

It does! Thanks!

The official breakdown - 

I think the deal for Lewis was the JJ stokes trade if I'm not mistaken. I mean, that's close, but if I'm remembering right, I'd say we probably didn't make out with the better end of that. 

The Hilton deal is pretty interesting because we continued to trade some of the picks. What started out as a deal to move down 5 spots (from 92 to 97 + a following year 5th round pick), became this: 

Hilton for Quentin Dial, Nick Moody,  ammunition to trade up to select Joe Looney (yeah, that's right, we traded up for Joe Looney), and ammunition to trade up for Eric Reid. 

The picks that we gave as part of our move ups turned into Jonte Green for the Lions, and Terrance Williams for the Cowboys. 

Archived