Titans Release First Unofficial Depth Chart

TitanLegend

Surprised McBride is listed ahead of Taylor and Douglas.  Sharpe is on the PUP, but I wonder where he's at currently.  I figure he's battling Douglas and McBride for that 6th WR spot.  I'm assuming Taylor makes the roster as the 4th... and eventhough Weems is listed far down the depth chart, he'll make it due to his STs availabilty.  

If Sharpe, McBride, and Douglas are all close at WR, it wouldn't surprise me if McBride made it over them due to his STs flexibility.

On D, I thought Trawick was a SS, but he's listed as the 3rd FS.  I wonder of they'll keep a 5th S in place of a 6th CB (I think they keep 10 DBs... and it could go 6/4 or 5/5).  Trawick and Riley aren't just competing against each other... they're also competing against Reed, Hurst, Smith for those 9th and 10th DB spots.  If any of them showed S/CB versatility, it'd probably help their chances (as well as STs versatility).

Honestly, the biggest surprise to me is that Davis is listed ahead of Decker (injury or not). Figured with the way these things typically lean veteran and with the start to camp Decker has had, he was a lock to appear as a starter on the initial depth chart.

Other than that, Taylor's positioning is a surprise. Not sure why they'd bother listing Weems over him. Even if this slants towards vets, that just seems a bit ridiculous.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, the biggest surprise to me is that Davis is listed ahead of Decker (injury or not). Figured with the way these things typically lean veteran and with the start to camp Decker has had, he was a lock to appear as a starter on the initial depth chart.

Other than that, Taylor's positioning is a surprise. Not sure why they'd bother listing Weems over him. Even if this slants towards vets, that just seems a bit ridiculous.

I was surprised to see Davis ahead of Decker as well on this first one. Think it just shows how great Davis has been and hopefully will continue to be once he gets back from injury.

Think it shows how much more talent we have now though that Davis over a guy like Decker is something that we actually discuss. In years past, the WR depth chart I don't feel was much for debate except for maybe the last spot or 2.

Archived