Group Consensus Mock - Round 3 Winner Shaquem Griffin

JLambert58

Group Consensus Mock - Round 3  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who are YOU taking with the 60th pick? (Rd 2)

• NIck Chubb RB
    • Royce Freeman RB
    • Equanimious St. Brown WR
    • Michael Gallup WR
    • Simmie Cobbs Jr. WR
    • Daesean Hamilton WR
    • Troy Fumagalli TE
    • Ian Thomas TE
    • B.J. Hill DT
    • Shaquem Griffin LB/SS
    • Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB
    • Kemoko Turay OLB
    • Dorance Armstrong OLB
    • Tyquan Lewis OLB/DE
    • Jalyn Holmes DE
    • Chad Thomas DE/OLB
    • Holton Hill CB
    • Anthony Averett CB
    • Duke Dawson CB
    • Isaac Yiadom CB

Even though I put this list together, I had a hell of a time deciding.  Went through and looked at the majority of these guys again.  Finally went with Turay.  Just a great combination of size, strength and speed.  Seems like a coachable kid and would be huge upgrade to the OLB position.  

I voted Okoronkwo, only because I haven't seen much of Turay, but I'd be fine with either, I think OLB needs a serious upgrade over Bud, or at least some competition.

However, BPA, Chubb would be super tough to pass up, so would EQSB 

7 hours ago, JPeezy55 said:

Can someone sell me on Griffin's value in the 3rd round??

Basically where he would play in this defense and what his value is in the 3rd round (Not hating, but looking to buy into this more possibly)

If he had 2 hands he would be a 1st round choice.  He makes a very good replacement for Shazier ( minus the hand).

Con - tackling problems due to 1 hand.

48 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If he had 2 hands he would be a 1st round choice.  He makes a very good replacement for Shazier ( minus the hand).

Con - tackling problems due to 1 hand.

If my aunt had a pair she'd be my uncle. But she doesn't. Let's not get caught up in the great story. There are significant limitations. I do not see him as a starting LB. A nice role player, sure. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

If my aunt had a pair she'd be my uncle. But she doesn't. Let's not get caught up in the great story. There are significant limitations. I do not see him as a starting LB. A nice role player, sure. 

Kinda what I'm thinking, in the 5th round, hell yeah. Good role player, nice little swiss army knife you can insert a few places and looks to be a special teams ace possibility too. In the 3rd round, I'll pass on the combine hype 

36 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am not selling him in the 3rd but for all the things that Shazier brought to the team, Griffin is the best replacement.  I would take him in the 5th if he is there.

3rd round doesn’t bother me...but with Chubb available, the pick is him.

Archived