The future at offensive line

RamRod

Is anyone worried about what we'll do at offensive line coming up after this season? The only two starting offensive lineman under contract will be Sullivan and Whitworth and they'll be getting older. We don't exactly have a lot of draft capital either. Have to imagine a big focus of next offseason will be on our offensive line. 

Anybody have any ideas or solutions on what we could do? I know it's still early.

Nah. I'm not worried. I'd draft a LT to develop in the 3rd/4th and then a OG/C on Day 3. I'd also consider drafting another OL if he's good value. I think if we want Havenstein and Jamon back, we can bring them back. Same with Saffold. But I have a feeling Saffold is the one we are most likely to let walk. I trust Kromer to develop and get the most out of players.

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. I'm not worried. I'd draft a LT to develop in the 3rd/4th and then a OG/C on Day 3. I'd also consider drafting another OL if he's good value. I think if we want Havenstein and Jamon back, we can bring them back. Same with Saffold. But I have a feeling Saffold is the one we are most likely to let walk. I trust Kromer to develop and get the most out of players.

I actually think Saffold would be the most likely one to be brought back. He is the best of the 3 FA, he would also require the shortest contract of the 3 (assuming Rob & Jamon have years that make them worth keeping around) and it would keep the entire Right side of our OL together for another year.

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I actually think Saffold would be the most likely one to be brought back. He is the best of the 3 FA, he would also require the shortest contract of the 3 (assuming Rob & Jamon have years that make them worth keeping around) and it would keep the entire Right side of our OL together for another year.

Nah, I think they'll keep the youth.

37 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Except thats not necessarily their youth. Saffold represents more of a Stopgap while they build up their own young OL

It's youth that performed pretty damn well laast year. This doesn't seem like a group that will cut off its nose to spite its face.

Archived