R1- 24

R2- 55

R3- 85 and 88

R4- None

R5- 161

R6- 197

R7- 234 and 242

Needs: DL DB OL WR TE and Developmental QB

who you guys got your eye on? Where do they go in the 1st? I think a DB DL or OL has to be the 1st rounder. 

With our 1st, I'd like us to take Landry or Davenport DE. I think these two players would be the most beneficial to our team but I wouldn't be opposed for Wynn or Hernandez as an instant replacement for Norwell. I like Josh Jackson and Jaire Alexander at CB but I doubt we use a 1st rounder on secondary

Not considering what the general draft strategy has been under Rivera (though most of that was with Gettleman, so who knows how it might vary with Hurney back in the fold), Hernandez or Josh Jackson would make the most sense. But if we stick with the strategy of looking to fill more future needs rather than current needs, I'm not sure where we'll go. Maybe an offensive tackle, though the end of first round seems much more stacked with interior lineman than tackles. Maybe we go with a linebacker? Davis headed into his last year, Kuechly with some injury issues, Thompson still hasn't had that "breakout" year.

Its nice that there are so many QB's projected to go ahead of us, though. 4 pretty much guaranteed, Jackson could be picked by our spot too, so hopefully we'll end up in a really nice "BPA" spot.

6 hours ago, Dingo18287 said:

Marty Hurney said this morning that one of the things he's learned, is not to trade next years 1st rounder. At least we got that going for us. 

He also said there is a lot of talent in the 2nd and 3rd round range so I hope we don't trade down espcially if 1 of my 6 guys are there

He tried moving up 5-8 spots to get Derwin James, though I don't think that would have cost us our first rounder. LOL Saints for dumping theirs to get a DE from a tiny school.

DB and OL will be major things that are hopefully addressed tomorrow. LG is a ?, Matt Kalil sucks, Ryan Kalil is retiring, and Daryl Williams is looking at a payday next offseason. DB is obviously a joke at the moment.

QB, RB, TE, and DE are other less important things we need to deal with in the short-term.

WR DJ Moore - Really good pick. Has a great chance of being a starter across from Devin Funchess week one.
CB Donte Jackson - Not sure how I feel about this one. I like that he has an attitude. But he's really small in a division loaded with huge receivers and Bradberry isn't exactly lighting it up so far. Rivera also implied we could play more man with him due to his speed but man-to-man worked out horribly for us last year. Also, larger corners Isaiah Oliver and Carlton Davis went right after him to our division rivals...
S Rashaan Gaulden - Another guy with attitude. I guess the plan is to put him at SS. Rivera mentioned he can cover TEs and play well in the box. Think he might need to gain some weight, sub-200 at 6'1 right now.
TE Ian Thomas - Super raw but the ceiling is high. Hopefully he pans out better than Chris Manhertz, Brandon Williams, Scott Simonson...
DE Marquis Haynes - Not even 240 lbs. Just a weird pick to me unless we do some uneven fronts a la Hawks/Jaguars or put him at SAM to blitz a ton a la Von Miller or Bruce Irvin. He needs to bulk up a lot if he ever wants to play on non-third downs.
LB Jermaine Carter - Good STer which is always something we can look to improve. Also forced a lot of fumbles. Could be a reserve LB.
LB Andre Smith - Probably a PSer.
DT Kendrick Norton - Also probably a PSer.

I dunno. Seems like a mixed bag to me. We got a probable starting WR, two DBs who have a lot of question marks surrounding them, a tweener rusher, a project TE, two LBs where only one, maybe both don't make the team, and a DT who won't make the team. Meanwhile, Dave Gettleman had a great draft with the Giants, rebuilding them from the inside out and getting Barkley... sigh. I hate you, Jerry Richardson, you perverted racist POS. Can't wait for the team to be sold to someone who cares about winning and gets us a real GM.

34 minutes ago, Zithers2 said:

Dave Gettleman had a great draft with the Giants, rebuilding them from the inside out and getting Barkley... sigh

Pretty hard to compare drafts when one team picks 2nd and the other 24th.

2 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Pretty hard to compare drafts when one team picks 2nd and the other 24th.

The point that he is doing things like rebuilding their needs (the trenches) and getting proven playmakers to give the team an identity.

We are trying to get "favorable matchups" by drafting a 5'10 180 corner who is described as "okay" in coverage by basically every analyst I can find. Then we spent two or three picks on guys who probably won't make the team instead of trying to trade up for someone who has a good chance of doing it (which would have been a major Gettleman move - plus two of those picks were LBs which is pretty much the absolute last thing we need). Rivera said in the presser that they won't make Haynes gain weight, so we're gonna be seeing a 240 lb DE in the near future, or maybe we'll be doing more 3-4 looks or something... dunno, hard for me to get too excited about this one. Hurney said his evaluation process didn't change and his evaluation process SUCKS if his last few drafts are anything to go off of. Of course, I hope I'm extremely wrong about all of this.

I really like the DJ Moore pick though and Ian Thomas will probably be our second TE right away, so that's cool.

Archived