***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

15 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Really? That's big. I mean he's no Dr. Doom type badazz anti-hero but he can make a good go of it with the Avengers.

From what I saw in the film, it seemed like a one time appearance. It's in the middle of the film to help someone get from point A to B in the plot, and really it could have been anybody. 

I don't think it was even Hugo Weaving in a cameo role there. Just another actor as Red Skull doing a Hugo Weaving impersonation, which was good I have to admit. A lot of his body is obscured too, which makes me think again that it wasn't Weaving. 

Wouldn't count on Red Skull being "back" tough. 

Edited by PapaShogun

15 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well from the spoilers they didn't technically die, die. Like head severed, shot through the heart. They sorta vanished into ash. So maybe got sucked into the soul gem im guessing.

Depends what they change from the original comic narrative. In story, the people die. Things are put back into place though when the Gauntlet changes hands from Thanos to Nebula, and to Adam Warlock. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Noones Technically dead, there in the same planet as Red Skull. So Feige isn’t wrong.

Actually we don't really know that. 

Really, that would be weird, even if it was true. Half the universe can't fit on a single planet. 

Thanos wanted genocide, not just to transport people somewhere else. This is backed up on a scene in the film during a conversation between Thanos and Dr. Strange about what happened on planet Titan. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

From what I saw in the film, it seemed like a one time appearance. It's in the middle of the film to help someone get from point A to B in the plot, and really it could have been anybody. 

I don't think it was even Hugo Weaving in a cameo role there. Just another actor as Red Skull doing a Hugo Weaving impersonation, which was good I have to admit. A lot of his body is obscured too, which makes me think again that it wasn't Weaving. 

Wouldn't count on Red Skull being "back" tough. 

Ross Marquand, not Weaving

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Vision doesn't explode. 

My point is, he's made of vibranium. How would an explosion kill him? I didn't say he himself explodes. But his type of durability, I mean a nuclear weapon could detonate in his hands and he would be fine considering his genetic makeup. Nothing we know of in this Marvel Universe can destroy vibranium right?

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

My point is, he's made of vibranium. How would an explosion kill him? I didn't say he himself explodes. But his type of durability, I mean a nuclear weapon could detonate in his hands and he would be fine considering his genetic makeup. Nothing we know of in this Marvel Universe can destroy vibranium right?

Oh ok. Nevermind. That's kind of inconsequential though since she targets the stone to be destroyed. Once that's out of him/off him he dead.

The stone shatters, and basically has a mini shockwave effect, but it's not a harmful "explosion" or anything. It's just to look cool or whatever. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Maybe Thanos doesn't understand or realize that when he snapped his fingers, they were really being contained in the soul stone? Perhaps he thinks this kills them and is mistaken.

Zero chance that all the characters who disappeared with the snap are staying "dead" or in the soul stone or wherever the soul stone sent them. That list includes Spiderman, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, all of the Guardians, etc.

Just knowing the future lineup of movies tells us those characters aren't staying away. Spider-Man 2, Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, etc. Perhaps one could say that one of those movies could be a prequel or an origin story but I think it's highly likely Marvel does that and also highly unlikely that all three would be prequels.

Here's how I see things playing out between now and the end of Avengers 4 (pure speculation):

• Ant Man and the Wasp - will explore the quantum realm / time travel, perhaps that explains why weren't present for Avengers 4.
  • Captain Marvel - introduce the character and her abilities. Will explain how Nick Fury knows her. Will explain where she's been and why she hasn't been around or been called upon for the invasion in Avengers 1 or to help with Ultron in Avengers 2.
  • Avengers 4 - Ant Man, Wasp, and Hank Pym come back from wherever they were to see that the universe they left is now in ruins. They find out from Captain America and the other surviving heroes on Earth. They come up with a way to either (a) rescue the people trapped in the quantum realm - maybe this is where everyone got sent to with Thanos' snap or (b) travel back in time to reverse what happened and try to stop Thanos beore any of this happens. In the process, the original Avengers have to sacrifice themselves to keep Thanos' snap from happening. And somewhere along the way, Captain Marvel and Hawkeye play a key role (either with Captain Marvel having been trapped in the Quantum Realm and finding a way out in Ant Man 2)

Post Avengers 4 - universe exists in a post-Thanos state. No more Iron Man or Captain America. I think they die in Avengers 4.

And no big bad villain to tease for a long time. I think there's a strong chance that we won't see a big villain again that requires a convergence of all the characters like this. That's been done. I think they'll stick to individual story lines for a while in individual movies. Maybe they'll draw a clear distinction between things happening on Earth and things happening in space.

Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange movies with things happening on Earth and featuring those characters' usual villains. Over time, introduction of mutants and the X-Men now that Marvel will have those rights.

Guardians with one more movie, Thor, and Captain Marvel with things happening in space. Perhaps an opportunity for more of a team up there. Will definitely be seeing Adam Warlock down the line. Perhaps many years down the line, Marvel takes a shot at the Fantastic 4 in the context of the space story line.

Also, @Calvert28, I'm certain that Vision dies because the Mind Stone was taken from him. There's no damage to his body because as you mentioned, he's made out of vibranium.

Edited by RollEagles
  • Like 2

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Btw, why do some of you people want the movie spoiled for you before you see it? I don't get that. 

Depends on the movie.  Knew I wouldn't be able to avoid spoilers anyway until I saw Black Panther, then waited for Avengers on blu ray.  I will absolutely avoid all spoilers for the second Infinity Wars movie or whatever that one will be called. 

Question... Is it possible Thanos wasn't responsible for the characters turning into ash?  The way I read it, it seemed like Captain Marvel had something to do with it based on how Nick Fury reacted, and then they showed something about her.  Or could it be someone else was responsible altogether? 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Depends on the movie.  Knew I wouldn't be able to avoid spoilers anyway until I saw Black Panther, then waited for Avengers on blu ray.  I will absolutely avoid all spoilers for the second Infinity Wars movie or whatever that one will be called. 

Question... Is it possible Thanos wasn't responsible for the characters turning into ash?  The way I read it, it seemed like Captain Marvel had something to do with it based on how Nick Fury reacted, and then they showed something about her.  Or could it be someone else was responsible altogether? 

It's definitely Thanos responsible for everyone disappearing. Nick Fury was putting out a distress call to her

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Btw, why do some of you people want the movie spoiled for you before you see it? I don't get that. 

I won't get to see it for a while and it would get spoiled for me in a text thread or something almost immediately. Or someone at work or someone would post something online. I figured just get it out of the way and find out what happens