Packers release DL Letroy Guion

SteelKing728

Guion was a good player for us. Sad to see him go, but he got into trouble quite a bit.

Brian Price will likely make the roster now. The core 4 of Daniels, Clark, Dean Lowry and Ricky Jean-Francois should be okay. I like Montravius Adams, and Price is a rotational guy. Not the strongest of DLs, but not bad either. 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

How does this impact their team? Who replaces him?

Some.  He was a rotational big, which is always valuable but given how Dean Lowry has played early in camp, the promise with Kenny Clark, and the signing of Ricky Jean-Francois the need wasn't there.  There's probably a lot that played into this, but it's probably too much of a distraction and for a team that doesn't like distractions they probably opted to just move on.

I'll echo.  It gives younger guys more opportunity.  I think Guion was a positive when on the field, and after his pending suspension, he should contribute to a roster.  The Packers' DL wasn't really the problem, and this loss will be absorbed rather well, IMO.  This isn't really a left-field move for Ted.  He seems to like to let players that aren't in his plans, but can catch on to other teams, go early to get as much of a camp with their new team as possible.

[edit] And the next topic down is the Seahawks losing their rookie DT for the season.  Could be a landing spot for Guion.  He is a solid DL.

Archived