MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

saw something about the plan is for him to defend 205 while Lesnar goes through USADA and then fight Lesnar. but I'm not sure I see that. both guys aren't getting any younger, they need to make hay before it's too late. and it seems like DC's put on a decent bit of mass, I'm not sure if he wants to drop that and put it on again.

the timeline that makes the most sense to me would be a Lesnar fight late this year/early next (probably depends on whether Lesnar is in the testing pool already or not), and then the winner fights Jones

Lesnar won't get out of the USADA pool til January so he makes the most sense for the later fight before DC retires on March 20th, 2019. In the end, I think DC only fights at HW vs Lesnar before hanging it up unless something miraculous happens with Jones.

9 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

before DC retires on March 20th, 2019

from the presser it sounds like DC is willing to fight Jones after that date..

There's nothing at 205/HW. Just fight Brock in Jan. Wait for Jones. Those are the only fights that make sense. 

People don't care about Gusty. That's too much to risk. Risk/reward not there. I thought Gusty won the first one tbh. Mayyyybe a Stipe rematch before Jan if this card did at least 600k buys. 

Sucks DC got into MMA so late. What a fun career he's had though. Besides Conor, who's had a funner career in recent memory? 

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

from the presser it sounds like DC is willing to fight Jones after that date..

There's nothing at 205/HW. Just fight Brock in Jan. Wait for Jones. Those are the only fights that make sense. 

People don't care about Gusty. That's too much to risk. Risk/reward not there. I thought Gusty won the first one tbh. Mayyyybe a Stipe rematch before Jan if this card did at least 600k buys. 

Sucks DC got into MMA so late. What a fun career he's had though. Besides Conor, who's had a funner career in recent memory? 

no doubt DC will push that date back if he's going to get another shot at Jones. that's the one thing he's yet to accomplish in MMA.

2 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

yeahh, definitely think the fame got to Ngannou's head after the Overeem KO.

right after he got that BodyArmor deal and cut his dreads and got that ****in lighting bolt in his head, he started to become super unlikable. i guess just all a product of KTFOing Reem, but yeah never seen a guy immediately switch up so aggressively in persona. 

24 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

otherwise in the HW division, Lewis vs Volkov and Ngannou vs Blaydes 2 makes a bit of sense.

that's exactly the move imo. 

maybe winner of ivanov/jds v. stipe. 

or go stipe v. volkov, lewis v. jds/ivanov, francis v. blaydes 2 imo

22 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

that's exactly the move imo. 

maybe winner of ivanov/jds v. stipe.

I was thinking that too.

Unfortunately the hw and lhw divisions might be held up a bit over the next year. But its not like anyone's contending at 205 anyway

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

I was thinking that too.

Unfortunately the hw and lhw divisions might be held up a bit over the next year. But its not like anyone's contending at 205 anyway

luke-rockhold-ufc-199-weigh-ins.jpg?w=10

He needs to get healthy

This is geared more for AFTER DC retires. Pretty sure Rockhold trains with him.

Edited by bkobow05