MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So Khabib vs Tony is an obvious match to make and getting back to reality here, it's another dream fight. Khabib was a terrible matchup for Conor. Tony not so much. Tony fights better off his back more than any other fighter, solid ground game overall, and harder to take down than McGregor. I'd put the odds at this fight dead even but I would pick Ferguson honestly.

What's next for Conor? Personally I feel he should fight the winner of Diaz/Poirier and then maybe go back to FW and fight Max Holloway for the FW Title. McGregor vs Holloway would be a much better stylistic fight than Conor vs Khabib. Conor is very good at LW, but dude was practically unstoppable at 145.

Just give me a card of DC vs Jones at HW, Khabib vs Tony at LW, Woodley vs GSP at WW, and Max vs Conor at FW. I'll be good for the year after that one card.

I want to see it so badly just like I was dying for Jacare to get a shot at the belt 3 years before he ever fought Whittaker but I cant help but feel like Poirier/Diaz will get the shot at Khabib next. Just a bad feeling. My boy Tony deserves it though

30 minutes ago, Edge said:

I'm following the UFC only since the start of the year. The fights on this card were pretty good. Especially the main card was a lot of fun, unfortunately everythign that happened afterwards and the build up was everything else, but funny.

The main event in itself was a pure domination by Khabib and what happened afterwards was a pure disgrace for the sport. I don't even blame Khabib for all of it. It's actually the UFC itself who is mainly responsible for it in my opinion. It was just an absolutely dumb move to let Conor get a fight after the bus attack. The UFC saw the money they could earn with this fight, but should have rather shown some character and getting him a suspension. To make that fight was just crazy. The build up of the fight with all the personal stuff that was going on, was entertaining but dangerous because all of it creates a toxic environment, that just needs to wait for the wrong person to result in an explosion. Exactly that happened. I wouldn't have thought Khabib was hurt that much personally and that he took the comments and the build up of the fight that personally. He said it in the press conferences prior to the fight, but i never thought he meant it that serious. What happened after the fight was just an absolutely disgrace. Khabib going nuts, jumping of the cage to attack Dillon Danis. Conor going nuts and attacking Khabib camp and Khabibs camp going nuts to attack Conor. All of it was a shame which hopefully results in a lot of suspensions and penalties. After the bus accident i thought McGregor should have gone to jail, a closed institution or at least a therapy, but not to a fight in a cage. It's the fault and in the end the responsibility of the UFC for what happened today. They let Conor getting back into the octagon and even if Khabib was the one escalating it after the match, it's ofc not to deny that both were heavily responsible for all those actions, while the UFC took the risk of it, to gain money with the fight. Even if the UFC didn't do it consciously, they are unconsciously responsible for all of it.

So in the end i hope both fighters and both camps getting a significant punishment for their actions and i hope the UFC learns from this incident and realizes, that sometimes it's more important to follow morals than to follow the easy money.

First off, welcome to the forum and to the crazy world of MMA. You picked a bonkers year to start following. I was personally shocked that Khabib went off the way he did. After playing the cool as a cucumber mantra to a T he exploded like we expected Conor to do. Never expected it

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Diaz loses to Poirier, that would set up the trilogy but not for the belt. That would be good for all parties imo. Gives the fans what they want and it doesnt have to be for the belt

Probably get Conor-Nate 3 either way. Tony is first in line for the shot, only way Khabib-Tony isn't next is if Khabib gets stripped/suspended.

Only alternative for Conor at this point is probaly Gsp

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

Probably get Conor-Nate 3 either way. Tony is first in line for the shot, only way Khabib-Tony isn't next is if Khabib gets stripped/suspended.

Only alternative for Conor at this point is probaly Gsp

I hope you're right about Tony, and I do feel a little bit better about it because had Conor won and then Nate, they would make it a trilogy for the belt and watch the $$$ roll in and tell Tony to screw himself. I think Dustin can be easily passed over for Tony. Tony v Dustin/Diaz for the strap would be fun though

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First off, welcome to the forum and to the crazy world of MMA. You picked a bonkers year to start following. I was personally shocked that Khabib went off the way he did. After playing the cool as a cucumber mantra to a T he exploded like we expected Conor to do. Never expected it

Wasnt surprised at all. I felt it was pretty clear lhabib dodnt take any of connors stuff as “just for show” hes just was very composed and i fully believed khabib wasnt going to play nice after the fight. It escalated but i put that 100% on connor and his team.