MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, beekay414 said:

You confusing her with MVP? Damn.

how dare you man. i dont get why you don't **** w/ mvp lol. i never really thought he was like UFC champion material or anything, but to me that doesn't take away from the fact that when you give him someone he just stand and do his thing with he's the funnest dude to watch in the cage. if daley really stood and banged like he was promising he was gonna do, that **** would've been banana's. i think a majority of the top 15 in the UFC beat MVP though. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

how dare you man. i dont get why you don't **** w/ mvp lol. i never really thought he was like UFC champion material or anything, but to me that doesn't take away from the fact that when you give him someone he just stand and do his thing with he's the funnest dude to watch in the cage. if daley really stood and banged like he was promising he was gonna do, that **** would've been banana's. i think a majority of the top 15 in the UFC beat MVP though. 

He's a counter striker who doesn't engage first. I've always found MVP boring. He's going down that Wonderboy path.

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's a counter striker who doesn't engage first. I've always found MVP boring. He's going down that Wonderboy path.

i'm still on edge the whole time i watch mvp, wonderboy fight personally cause i know some highlight KO of the year **** could go down at any second. but yeah i guess i kinda get that. little stuff like clowning guys in the cage and doing silly **** makes me an instant fan. like when kyle bochniak was screaming and **** when zabit was whooping his ***... he's forever someone i'll root for now.

Just now, FinneasGage said:

i'm still on edge the whole time i watch mvp, wonderboy fight personally cause i know some highlight KO of the year **** could go down at any second. but yeah i guess i kinda get that. little stuff like clowning guys in the cage and doing silly **** makes me an instant fan. like when kyle bochniak was screaming and **** when zabit was whooping his ***... he's forever someone i'll root for now.

Sure, there's that semblance of "I might miss something epic" with those two but there's also the "CMON FRIGGIN ENGAGE" element. Wonderboy fought Woodley twice and did NOTHING twice. How you gonna fight for a title and do nothing? Counter strikers are boring. They are dangerous but they are boring lol.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Sure, there's that semblance of "I might miss something epic" with those two but there's also the "CMON FRIGGIN ENGAGE" element. Wonderboy fought Woodley twice and did NOTHING twice. How you gonna fight for a title and do nothing? Counter strikers are boring. They are dangerous but they are boring lol.

i get that, yeah. i don't know, i get more pumped for that than like the prospect of watching gregor gillespie just manhandle someone. no doubt gregor was mad impressive and looks like he could do a lot of damage in that division (personally would be shocked if he beats many guys at the top of the division), but it doesn't really get my adrenaline going. i'm still really intrigued by it. but MVP highlights... when this era of fighting is over and people are just watching **** on youtube, i bet him over anyone else, the generations that come after us are gonna be like holy **** this was the most talented dude of all time. and then of course some old grumpy dude will come in and be like he was just a counterstriker and anyone w/ a solid wrestling base would merk him. but... that doesn't change the fact that his highlight reel is among the elite. and that alone gets me going. MVP highlights are barry sanders. could easily see the wildest **** of the year in those 15-25 minutes. but with that being said, i've always assumed he was gonna come across a lot of issues against super high level guys. 

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i get that, yeah. i don't know, i get more pumped for that than like the prospect of watching gregor gillespie just manhandle someone. no doubt gregor was mad impressive and looks like he could do a lot of damage in that division (personally would be shocked if he beats many guys at the top of the division), but it doesn't really get my adrenaline going. i'm still really intrigued by it. but MVP highlights... when this era of fighting is over and people are just watching **** on youtube, i bet him over anyone else, the generations that come after us are gonna be like holy **** this was the most talented dude of all time. and then of course some old grumpy dude will come in and be like he was just a counterstriker and anyone w/ a solid wrestling base would merk him. but... that doesn't change the fact that his highlight reel is among the elite. and that alone gets me going. MVP highlights are barry sanders. could easily see the wildest **** of the year in those 15-25 minutes. but with that being said, i've always assumed he was gonna come across a lot of issues against super high level guys. 

So you like MVP because he's the short attention span fans hero? I'd rather watch Maia and Askren grapple for 5 rounds than MVP highlights.