MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

No. not really. His shizz talk makes me cringe and he has a sense of entitlement that he hasn't earned yet plotting his path to the top.

Agreed. He acts as if he's the greatest fighter to ever grace the Octagon but his performances have been good, not great. For the most part, the UFC has fed him grapplers with meh striking who he has been able to expose. In his last two fights, he fought an old Anderson Silva and a midget wrestler and got hit a lot. If you're going to be the "GOAT" those are guys that you have to finish. His striking is good but he just doesn't have much power in his hands, if he goes up to fight Jones anytime soon he's going to get finished early. 

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. He acts as if he's the greatest fighter to ever grace the Octagon but his performances have been good, not great. For the most part, the UFC has fed him grapplers with meh striking who he has been able to expose. In his last two fights, he fought an old Anderson Silva and a midget wrestler and got hit a lot. If you're going to be the "GOAT" those are guys that you have to finish. His striking is good but he just doesn't have much power in his hands, if he goes up to fight Jones anytime soon he's going to get finished early. 

First off the midget wrestler can box, lets not act like he isn’t skilled there.

Also feeding him grapplers when we all assumed the skinny striker couldn’t stop a shot is impressive when he stopped like all of them. 

Just recently we talked about Carlos Condit and how he has gotten beat by all these grapplers, the game has passed him by and he’d do alot better if he’d get a striker next. Same applies to Izzy, standup fighters typically prefer standup opponents 

• Like 1

Love the Izzy narratives. Used to be "he's going to get exposed when he fights a grappler". Now it's "he's going to get exposed when he fights a striker".

Also we're calling Gastelum a midget wrestler now, despite the fact that he's primarily a boxer. whatever can be done to discredit him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Love the Izzy narratives. Used to be "he's going to get exposed when he fights a grappler". Now it's "he's going to get exposed when he fights a striker".

Also we're calling Gastelum a midget wrestler now, despite the fact that he's primarily a boxer. whatever can be done to discredit him.

I agree that Izzy hasnt fought most of the guys that have been Top-5 MW for a long time:

Jacare

Weidman

Whittaker

Rockhold

Romero

But i feel like the narrative against him about the grapplers is backwards. He beat them when the haters said he wasn’t going to be able to stop them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

He's going to get exposed if he fights the GOAT in his prime who's an elite wrestler, bigger, longer, and stronger than him. Jon Jones was able to take DC down, he'd get Israel to the matt at will if they fought. 

Edited by NYRaider

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First off the midget wrestler can box, lets not act like he isn’t skilled there.

Also feeding him grapplers when we all assumed the skinny striker couldn’t stop a shot is impressive when he stopped like all of them. 

Just recently we talked about Carlos Condit and how he has gotten beat by all these grapplers, the game has passed him by and he’d do alot better if he’d get a striker next. Same applies to Izzy, standup fighters typically prefer standup opponents 

Gastelum is like Conor McGregor's size but chubby and was able to land big shots on him throughout the fight. Gastelum is good but Israel having an 8 inch height advantage and a 9 inch reach advantage while being an "elite" striker, he shouldn't have been getting hit as much as he did. 

I like Izzy and think he's good but he's not as good as he claims to be. He's talking about going up and GOAT hunting to beat Jon Jones, give me a break. I'd take a few guys to beat him at 205 and I don't even think he'll be able to handle the pressure and wrestling of Bobby Knuckles when they fight later this year. 

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But i feel like the narrative against him about the grapplers is backwards. He beat them when the haters said he wasn’t going to be able to stop them

He didn't stop them though. He has 2 finishes in the UFC in 6 fights. You've seen in his last two fights when he fights someone with some striking skill he's very hittable. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's going to get exposed if he fights the GOAT in his prime who's an elite wrestler, bigger, longer, and stronger than him. Jon Jones was able to take DC down, he'd get Israel to the matt at will if they fought. 

I dont think anyone thinks Izzy would stand a chance against Bones...not sure where you're getting that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He didn't stop them though. He has 2 finishes in the UFC in 6 fights. You've seen in his last two fights when he fights someone with some striking skill he's very hittable. 

Who the hell cares? Robert Whittaker has 2 stoppages in his last 6 fights too and he is a much better striker than the midget wrestler right?

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think anyone thinks Izzy would stand a chance against Bones...not sure where you're getting that

That was my initial point. Israel himself said he’s going GOAT hunting and will beat Jones. As I said he’s a good fighter and I like him but he’s getting overhyped.  

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Read that last night on ESPN. Thats some scary stuff. You hope nothing bad will happen but a sane person doesn’t just show up at your house asking for blood 

Ya hopefully its just someone who honestly went to the wrong house.