MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

It is different in pure wrestling because of the way scoring works

It would be like letting wrestlers clasp/grab hands around the other wrestler (I don't remember what it is called but it is what Khabib does to dominate, it might be the biggest reason Khabib dominates, that it is allowed in MMA even tho it isn't in wrestling). It is banned because it is overpowering and boring. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

It would be like letting wrestlers clasp/grab hands around the other wrestler (I don't remember what it is called but it is what Khabib does to dominate, it might be the biggest reason Khabib dominates, that it is allowed in MMA even tho it isn't in wrestling). It is banned because it is overpowering and boring. 

I honestly don't like rules when the only purpose is to make it exciting. If it's boring it's boring. Sometimes the top doesn't want to do anything. Sometimes the bottom fighter gets into a good defensive position to where the top can't. But that shouldn't give them the benefit of getting a stand up.