MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

I can empathize with Rory right now, since I had a jiu jitsu match at the same time and I got destroyed too.

Looked like a huge size difference in there. Mousasi was landing jabs/straights at will in the first. 

The imanari roll was incredibly confusing though. Like while he was getting hit in the first, its not like he needed a hail mary to win. He was still in it on the feet.

Did he think he had a pronounced grappling advantage? Makes sense why he kept going to that move against Wonderboy, but Mousasi has a grappling pedigree. He can't have thought it was smart to be on the bottom.

Its ok in the grand scheme for Rory, he's stil WW champ, and thats like the only stacked division bellator has. Wonder who Mousasi fights next. Could very well be Machida, lol

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

most heavyweights could be considered local chum, but nah nobody legit. he fought austen lane that DL played for JAX for a minute. he's got wicked power tho. he beats a lot of guys in the UFC quite easily imo. 

I will say at least Lane looked like a fighter. The most recent guy looked like they picked the biggest/fattest dude in the bar, gave him 50 bucks and said go fight this guy once you put down that 17th beer

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I can empathize with Rory right now, since I had a jiu jitsu match at the same time and I got destroyed too.

Looked like a huge size difference in there. Mousasi was landing jabs/straights at will in the first. 

The imanari roll was incredibly confusing though. Like while he was getting hit in the first, its not like he needed a hail mary to win. He was still in it on the feet.

Did he think he had a pronounced grappling advantage? Makes sense why he kept going to that move against Wonderboy, but Mousasi has a grappling pedigree. He can't have thought it was smart to be on the bottom.

Its ok in the grand scheme for Rory, he's stil WW champ, and thats like the only stacked division bellator has. Wonder who Mousasi fights next. Could very well be Machida, lol

Geez thats just pitiful. Gegard will smoke that Dragon

Also, I'm curious how Rory responds in the WW tourney after such a brutal loss

34 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez thats just pitiful. Gegard will smoke that Dragon

Also, I'm curious how Rory responds in the WW tourney after such a brutal loss

I generally wouldn't worry too much about a welterweight going up and getting dominated by a pretty big middleweight, but Rory's nose got busted up real easy. It seems like a slight breeze is enough to cause him a bit of bother, ever since the Lawler fight.

It remains to be seen whether anyone at WW in Bellator can exploit that, however. Fitch is a 40 year old wrestler, hard to see him giving Rory trouble. Rory should be too complete for Gracie/Ruth, same with Daley/MVP (though MVP's still an unknown).

Kinda tough to see anyone other than Lima/Rory in the final. I still haven't seen their first fight, but that should be a real solid matchup again.

Really wish we could see Rory vs Woodley again. I feel like Tyron's grown since their first fight, I definitely think I'd favor him in a rematch.

5 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

I generally wouldn't worry too much about a welterweight going up and getting dominated by a pretty big middleweight, but Rory's nose got busted up real easy. It seems like a slight breeze is enough to cause him a bit of bother, ever since the Lawler fight.

It remains to be seen whether anyone at WW in Bellator can exploit that, however. Fitch is a 40 year old wrestler, hard to see him giving Rory trouble. Rory should be too complete for Gracie/Ruth, same with Daley/MVP (though MVP's still an unknown).

Kinda tough to see anyone other than Lima/Rory in the final. I still haven't seen their first fight, but that should be a real solid matchup again.

Really wish we could see Rory vs Woodley again. I feel like Tyron's grown since their first fight, I definitely think I'd favor him in a rematch.

Yea man that Lawler fight was nasty. He came out looking like Voldemort after that

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Lima destroyed Rory's leg, like he couldn't walk on it the last couple rounds. Lima probably could have stopped him but he had terrible fight IQ in that fight iirc. One legged Rory managed to still get Lima down (I think Lima even jumped into his guard once) enough to steal rounds. 

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Lima destroyed Rory's leg, like he couldn't walk on it the last couple rounds. Lima probably could have stopped him but he had terrible fight IQ in that fight iirc. One legged Rory managed to still get Lima down (I think Lima even jumped into his guard once) enough to steal rounds. 

Yeah Rory's leg is the only thing I know about that fight. Definitely have to find a way to see it sometime before they rematch