Round 5a

Richie James [WR/MTSU]

Round 5b

JaVon Rolland-Jones [EDGE/Arkansas State]

Round 7a

Joshua Frazier [DT/Alabama]

Round 7b

Genard Avery [LB/Memphis]

Picked guys the Steelers seemed to be linked to + guys I liked a lot in this draft. I understand the RB in the 2nd is a little high, but this draft seems so up in the air and Steelers have a lot of connection to early RB's, I think it's gonna happen unfortunately.

I do not think that the Steelers get a shot at LVE or Evans.  I think Reid or Bates or a CB could be that 1st pick.

I do not think Avery falls past the 3rd round. I do like him.

Not a fan of Frazier.  Especially drafting him.  He will be there as a UDFA and they have his coach to try to get him in.

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I do think that the Steelers may not get a shot at LVE or Evans.  I think Reid or Bates or a CB could be that 1st pick.

I do not think Avery falls past the 3rd round. I do like him.

Not a fan of Frazier.  Especially drafting him.  He will be there as a UDFA and they have his coach to try to get him in.

Already preparing myself for neither of them to be there, theres a gauntlet from about 10-26 of teams who need ILB help

Avery most likely won't fall that far I agree, just trying to pick another LB to fall down there

I’m not as sold on Reid as most here.  Othing he does on film stands out.  He tested well but his lack of discipline on the back end is not trustworthy.

Nice list.  I think Chubb will be drafted before our 2nd pick.  He is a Top 5 RB easily.

Not a fan of Jerome Baker.  He suffers from scaredtogetoffblocksitis.

3 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I’m not as sold on Reid as most here.  Othing he does on film stands out.  He tested well but his lack of discipline on the back end is not trustworthy.

Nice list.  I think Chubb will be drafted before our 2nd pick.  He is a Top 5 RB easily.

Not a fan of Jerome Baker.  He suffers from scaredtogetoffblocksitis.

I agree as well on Baker. He has no business playing inside on any team in the pros or college for that matter. I cant recall seeing a linebacker regularly going into blocks with one shoulder turned sideways...he plays like a timid corner taking on blockers. An offense/running back can count on his weakness and his manner of taking on blocks and run off of that regularly that it is so bad. 

I also am not sold on Reid, his timed speed is nowhere near what I see on field. Ive tried to give him several chances to impress me, I even went back two days ago to give it one more try. Solid perhaps but unspectacular, I actually downgraded him a little which dropped him out of a tie with Moore and Elliot. 

Chubb is nice, the injury history should drop him to a degree but not a lot. my grade is lower than how I feel about him but the injury factor plays in. If i have more time Id like to revisit him once last time as I also feel the 2nd is a strong possibility, but my grades aren't necessarily reflective of where they actually go as they are to where they should go in regards to potential long term value and risk of succeeding or not .

I would call this the "Consolation Prize Mock." Good selections, but probably not first choice in any round.  Not a huge fan of Baker, but I know he's got the OSU pedigree.  Reid and Chubb would be solid starters.  (while also lighting a fire under Bell)  

Archived