Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Isn't that like... Every draft pick?

By no means am I saying this was a good pick . The Steelers track record with drafting and developing defensive backs is not good. This guy is obviously Raw and needs time to develop. However, as I said numerous times, there was no player at that player I was pounding the table for. I just know I would have been pissed off if we had drafted a running back at that point unless we were planning to trade Bell. And I'm not sure how much I could get behind drafting Lamar Jackson because we don't know how much longer Ben will play, and I don't want a Garoppolo situation.

Fair enough.

I just feel these past few years Colbert's stubbornness has gotten the better of him.  I feel like they could have moved down and gotten some draft capital out of it.  I think, like I said, if the NYG called and offered 34 and 2019 3rd....I don't think you can say no.  Especially if you think the guy can slide down a few more spots and there's no pounding table.  I get it takes two sides to make a deal, but the lack of moving down over his history tells me he's just not interested and doesn't care to.  This is where I look at a guy like Howie Roseman and know he's smart.  He stocked his cubboards some that he emptied, and now has the ability to move around if he needed.  Teams using that to 'finance' being able to move up in future years if needed.  Even if you're not into those other players, there were other things you could do.

I do have a more positive spin on the Edmunds pick. I did only do two games on him from this year, but I do recall after watching and giving a grade that I felt like the arrow was up, meaning their was potential for the grade to be higher. I dont recall thinking it would be 1st round high but there was intrigue. Also the fact that I had a game on him from 2015 means he stood out to me as far back as two years ago, enough for me to tab him that long ago. When it came to the Edmunds this year I recalled having one of them really stand out previously, but figured it was the LB. Truthfully Im not really sure who it was. In any case we did get an explosive player with size that can make up ground in short areas and should be able to compete with and bring down tight ends. 

As shocking as the pick was for just about everyone, it was nowhere near as shocking as Artie Burns for me. and is a much better fit in regards to style of play and TACKLING. I wish the best for them both. TBD. 

2 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I think they shoudl take the back they want as Tampa could move up and take the one they want as Giants could use some picks.

Depends on how high they Value Guice. They have 3 2nd Rdrs. Lots of time to get a RB.  

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Have a strong feeling that the Cleveland Browns are going to go Ronald Jones here.

Not sure he offers that much more then what they have in that Miami RB (name escapes me/*Duke). Guice could bring the thunder. But who knows.

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Not sure he offers that much more then what they have in that Miami RB (name escapes me). Guice could bring the thunder. 

As much as I was always impressed watching Ronald Jones play for USC, when it came time to watch him closely and grade him I just could'nt find the things I was looking for to grade him as high as you would think or I expected.

1 minute ago, JustPlainNasty said:

As much as I was always impressed watching Ronald Jones play for USC, when it came time to watch him closely and grade him I just could'nt find the things I was looking for to grade him as high as you would think or I expected.

Agreed. Not a 3 down RB IMO.

Archived