Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

Shaquem Griffin is still on the board.  Teams are scared of his handicap and I can't say I blame them.  

This is gonna be a potentially stupid question but... anyone know how advanced prosthetics are?  I know that having one hand can limit you in football and I can only imagine such procedures are expensive, but I imagine it's equally limiting in life.  Being an NFL player, maybe this becomes a realistic option for him?

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Not going to lie, if they truly believe Mason Rudolph is the QB of the future, which I honestly think he could be, I'm hoping they do NOT extend Ben.  Bell, I'm on the fence about depending on how much it's going to cost.  If it requires us to pay him $17M/yr, he can go to another team as far as I'm concerned.

I feel there is a zero percent chance Ben gets a new extension. Maybe if Rudolph shows up like Landry Jones he could get a small two year extension. But I think this is zero percent chance because Rudolph is the best QB in this class

Just now, wwhickok said:

This is gonna be a potentially stupid question but... anyone know how advanced prosthetics are?  I know that having one hand can limit you in football and I can only imagine such procedures are expensive, but I imagine it's equally limiting in life.  Being an NFL player, maybe this becomes a realistic option for him?

Good question.  I have no idea what the answer is either for the advancement of prosthetics or how that might affect him on the field.  

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

Good question.  I have no idea what the answer is either for the advancement of prosthetics or how that might affect him on the field.  

I just googled some pictures and they got some that look somewhat robotic that seem to function like an actual hand. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

it might force the switch to a 4-3 as wello.O

I think both Dupree and Watt project best as a 4-3 OLB. Watt plays SAM because he can cover the tight end and then you can use Dupree's athleticism in space

Archived