Last Minute Draft Scenarios

J Shank

Hey everyone! Draft is finally upon us! I expect some type of noteworthy trade tonight, or tomorrow night. I believe Jerry will want to make a "splash" at Jerry World! lol

Here are a few scenarios I could see happening:

First Scenario - 

FA- N Bowman, Derrick Johnson, etc. . . (There are a bunch of UFA veteran ILB that could be a stop gap/depth player to pick up after the draft)

1-19: DT -Vita Vea

2-50: WR - Anthony Miller

3-65: **TRADE** With Buffalo (Pks 81, 116, 171): OG - Braden Smith

4-137: LB - Jerome Baker

5- 173: LB - Jack Cichy

6 - 193: TE - Ryan Izzo

6 - 208: S - Dane Cruikshank

7 - 236: LB - Ja' Bentley

In this Scenario we have a whopping 4 starters, 3 of which have potential to become better over time and be long-term answers: Bowman will start at MLB on first and second downs; Anthony Miller & Vita Vea will both be starters; and Braden Smith will start at LG and allow Collins to stay at RT. 

Ryan Izzo is NOT a long-term answer to replace Witten, but is someone who can come in and contribute right away, as a willing and able blocker. 

Cruikshank is a purely developmental prospect who has all the tangibles but none of the intangibles - high upside, aggressive willing tackler, if nothing else should have value on ST coverage teams. 

The Linebackers: Bowman is just a stop-gap 1 to 2 yr deal, with needed experience and "reliability" (when on the field), to play any spot in a pinch. I have some interesting prospects that can all be nothing or something. The idea is that they all bring diversity to the group. Cinchy is the "Worker/Thinker", Baker the "Athlete", Bentley the "Enforcer". . . 

1st and 2nd Down: WLB: Lee / Baker  MLB: Bowman / Cichy / Bentley  SLB: Smith / Wilson / Bentley

Nickle:  WLB: LEE / Baker / Bowman   MLB: Smith / Baker / Bowman

Anyways, I imagine one of them would either be beaten out, or beat out, Joe Thomas or Damien Wilson

Trade Up Scenario: 

1 - 9: LB - Roquon Smith       ***TRADE SAN FRANSISCO*** (Pk 19, Pk 50, Pk 116) San Fran Needs more than one piece to start re-building, they trade back to stockpile picks

3 - 81: WR - EQ St. Brown

4- 137: OL - Austin Corbett

5 - 171: WR - Keke Coutee

5 - 173: OG - Colby Gossett

6 - 193: TE - Ryan Izzo

6- 208: S - Dane Cruikshank

7 - 236: ILB - Ja' Bentley

Trade Back Scenario: 

2 - 36: OG - Will Hernandez  ***TRADE* PK 19 & 116 & 208 to INDY for PK 36 & 37**  INDY Jumps back into the 1st to grab Jaire Alexander after snatching Nelson at  Pk 6.

2 - 37: DT - Taven Bryan

2 - 50: TE - Mike Gesicki 

3 - 81: WR - Michael Gallup 

4- 137: LB - Fred Warner

5 - 171: WR - Keke Coutee

5 - 173: OG - Colby Gossett

6 - 193: S - Troy Apke 

7 - 236: ILB - Ja' Bentley

LMK what you guys think! Go Cowboys!

I don't see scenario #2 happening. Think if San Fran has a shot at Smith, they take him without hesitation. 

#1 and #3 would be more than okay with me...though I think I'm a bigger fan of #3.

59 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I don't see scenario #2 happening. Think if San Fran has a shot at Smith, they take him without hesitation. 

#1 and #3 would be more than okay with me...though I think I'm a bigger fan of #3.

Yea, i tried to come up with a scenario where we move up... I don't see Derwin James getting past Tampa and I don't see Smith sliding too far so I thought of the scenario above. Can you think of a trade up scenario?

34 minutes ago, J Shank said:

Yea, i tried to come up with a scenario where we move up... I don't see Derwin James getting past Tampa and I don't see Smith sliding too far so I thought of the scenario above. Can you think of a trade up scenario?

I could see us possibly trading up for Vea...but I have a hard time seeing him making it past Oakland  or Miami. 

Archived