• John Dorsey for life
    • Very good first draft.
    • I hate him
    • Bring Sachi back.
    • hornbybrown could of done better
  2. 2. Draft class

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I like it, but we could of done better.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Dorsey punched @brownie man, @bruceb, and @Mind Character in the soul. 

If Baker works out his sins wi be forgiven, even if Sam is marginally better. 

Hopefully this year and last years draft is the turning point for the Browns.

The fun thing to watch will be the hypocrites in a year or less that constantly hate on Hue now and Mayfield before the draft.  When we are playing very well week in and week out, winning about half of our games or so, these same folks will be here talking about how they always knew Hue could turn it around, and how they knew Baker was the prize of the Draft and that they knew all along that Darnold was overhyped and very flawed and never wanted him.  I take great satisfaction in quietly observing this type of behavior.

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

The fun thing to watch will be the hypocrites in a year or less that constantly hate on Hue now and Mayfield before the draft.  When we are playing very well week in and week out, winning about half of our games or so, these same folks will be here talking about how they always knew Hue could turn it around, and how they knew Baker was the prize of the Draft and that they knew all along that Darnold was overhyped and very flawed and never wanted him.  I take great satisfaction in quietly observing this type of behavior.

We went 0-16, you can be dark on it.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

I never said that we did not go 0 and 16.  My post had literally nothing to do with that.  What is your point?

They dark on the Browns cos we suck and blame hue. 

Also they think Baker was not the best or 2nd best qb. 

reasons. To be dark on it. 

It is not hypocritical to be pissed off and this stinking turd fire of an organisation.

we are fans, this is the internet. 

15 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I think you should separate Hue from Mayfield. I have zero faith in any HC who goes 1-31 over 2 seasons, as I have never seen a HC rebound in any meaningful way from such a record. He should have been fired and Dorsey should have been allowed to hire his own choice as a HC. This all stinks and has a smell of Haslam and anything Haslam touches turns to ****, is about the only way I can describe it!!!

Mayfield is a whole different story, while I would have preferred Darnold, Mayfield is a so;lid possibility to become a franchise QB as well, just a little worried about his height and thus, his ability to quickly find an open target from the pocket. This problem showed up on film, when he failed to spot open receivers when he remained in the pocket.

However I will point out that once he locked on to an open receiver, he had little problem finding a passing lane, that he was quite good at!

So while I have serious doubts, Hue will ever become a solid HC, I still believe Mayfield will succeed as a franchise QB.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

They dark on the Browns cos we suck and blame hue. 

Also they think Baker was not the best or 2nd best qb. 

reasons. To be dark on it. 

It is not hypocritical to be pissed off and this stinking turd fire of an organisation.

we are fans, this is the internet. 

It’s only not hypocritical if they are still saying the same things once we are playing well and winning about Hue, and if they are saying the same thing when Baker is beasting while Darnold is floundering.  

They will either be hypocrites by saying things like the post that I originally made, look like fools to keep saying the same things they are saying now, or try to avoid talking about hue baker and darnold all together.

1 minute ago, Iamcanadian said:

I think you should separate Hue from Mayfield. I have zero faith in any HC who goes 1-31 over 2 seasons, as I have never seen a HC rebound in any meaningful way from such a record. He should have been fired and Dorsey should have been allowed to hire his own choice as a HC. This all stinks and has a smell of Haslam and anything Haslam touches turns to ****, is about the only way I can describe it!!!

Mayfield is a whole different story, while I would have preferred Darnold, Mayfield is a so;lid possibility to become a franchise QB as well, just a little worried about his height and thus, his ability to quickly find an open target from the pocket. This problem showed up on film, when he failed to spot open receivers when he remained in the pocket.

However I will point out that once he locked on to an open receiver, he had little problem finding a passing lane, that he was quite good at!

So while I have serious doubts, Hue will ever become a solid HC, I still believe Mayfield will succeed as a franchise QB.

I have zero faith in a master carpenter to build a mansion using only toothpicks gummies bears and marshmallows.  Give him lumber insulation bricks nails sheet rock and tools though and it’s a different outcome.

Bottom line, we had no qb that could play outside of McCown over that time.  Hue was over extended without an oc.  A pourous secondary.  Our pass rushers were injured a lot, our WRs, while they would have been much better with an actual qb, are no where near what they appear to be now on paper. 

Singing out just the hc for 1 and 31 is extremely flawed. Hoodie himself would not have done much better.

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I have zero faith in a master carpenter to build a mansion using only toothpicks gummies bears and marshmallows.  Give him lumber insulation bricks nails sheet rock and tools though and it’s a different outcome.

I would agree except I have seen enough to know people aren't toothpicks, gummies or marshmellows. Solid HC's use season 1 on the job to get rid of the deadwood on a team, by season 2, they may lack talent, but with solid HCing, they approach 7/8 wins and in season 3, they are must often a contender for the SB. This track record is the most common in the NFL and when a HC produces a 0-16 record in his second season after having already used a season to get rid of the deadwood on his team, there can be absolutely no reason for going 0-16. It is almost impossible for a NFL team that totally stinks, to win less than 3 games, it is actually very hard not to reach this total, considering that opponents have already marked down a win before any game is even played and therefore have zero emotion on game day and are just going through the motions when playing the game and that alone sets them up for an upset or 2/3 as Cleveland players will be playing like every game like it is their SB, to escape being on a team that goes 0-16.

The fact that Hue went 0-16 in season 2 is just unbelievable by NFL standards, I do not care how talentless we were. I have never seen a HC come back from a terrible 2 seasons in a row in my 65 years around pro football, so you will have to excuse me, if I am doubtful Hue can do it. 

1 minute ago, Iamcanadian said:

I would agree except I have seen enough to know people aren't toothpicks, gummies or marshmellows. Solid HC's use season 1 on the job to get rid of the deadwood on a team, by season 2, they may lack talent, but with solid HCing, they approach 7/8 wins and in season 3, they are must often a contender for the SB. This track record is the most common in the NFL and when a HC produces a 0-16 record in his second season after having already used a season to get rid of the deadwood on his team, there can be absolutely no reason for going 0-16. It is almost impossible for a NFL team that totally stinks, to win less than 3 games, it is actually very hard not to reach this total, considering that opponents have already marked down a win before any game is even played and therefore have zero emotion on game day and are just going through the motions when playing the game and that alone sets them up for an upset or 2/3 as Cleveland players will be playing like every game like it is their SB, to escape being on a team that goes 0-16.

The fact that Hue went 0-16 in season 2 is just unbelievable by NFL standards, I do not care how talentless we were. I have never seen a HC come back from a terrible 2 seasons in a row in my 65 years around pro football, so you will have to excuse me, if I am doubtful Hue can do it. 

Stopped reading when you said hc uses season one to get rid of the dead weight.  Hue NEVER had roster control.  Evidenced by how upset he was that they cut Haden.  Can’t blame Hue for the train wreck of a roster.  It was a well designed and executed teardown and tank.  We are witnessing the spoils of the plan taking shape now.

Stopped reading when you said hc uses season one to get rid of the dead weight.  Hue NEVER had roster control.  Evidenced by how upset he was that they cut Haden.  Can’t blame Hue for the train wreck of a roster.  It was a well designed and executed teardown and tank.  We are witnessing the spoils of the plan taking shape now.

Maybe you are right, because I also believe Sachi wanted to tank the season to get the #1 overall pick, especially after all the criticism he was getting for passing on Wentz and Watson, but IMO, I want to see the meat before I give Hue the possibility that he can be a solid NFL HC. Until it actually happens and knowing Hue was forced on Dorsey, I do not see positive things happening next season. A GM should always be allowed to hire the HC he chooses and not be stuck with a HC the owner chooses and that is magnified in this case, by who our owner is, a totally incompetent man.

8 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Maybe you are right, because I also believe Sachi wanted to tank the season to get the #1 overall pick, especially after all the criticism he was getting for passing on Wentz and Watson, but IMO, I want to see the meat before I give Hue the possibility that he can be a solid NFL HC. Until it actually happens and knowing Hue was forced on Dorsey, I do not see positive things happening next season. A GM should always be allowed to hire the HC he chooses and not be stuck with a HC the owner chooses and that is magnified in this case, by who our owner is, a totally incompetent man.

Hue was 8 and 8 in his only other shot at hc in Oakland with Jason Campbell doing a lot of the Qb play and a not so great team.  He was fired in the transition after the death of al Davis if memory serves.  Pretty bad to finish your very first year as hc at 500 and get fired.  He has done well pretty much in every other coaching roll that he has had.  Even secondary coach for a brief stint.

Hue was 8 and 8 in his only other shot at hc in Oakland with Jason Campbell doing a lot of the Qb play and a not so great team.  He was fired in the transition after the death of al Davis if memory serves.  Pretty bad to finish your very first year as hc at 500 and get fired.  He has done well pretty much in every other coaching roll that he has had.  Even secondary coach for a brief stint.

I will say this, Dorsey should have been allowed to hire the HC of his choice, especially since his job success depends on it and we all know this means a 2 year window for Haslam's GM's.

Even if you are right that Hue can possibly be a good HC, I have to wonder what the players on the team think about playing for a HC they know went 1-31 over the last 2 seasons. Part of being a successful HC in the NFL is getting your players to believe in you 100%, without that, things can go sour quite quickly in a dressing room, where a lot of doubts are raised by losing teams. Can Hue recapture the dressing room, I have some doubts!

This is why I preferred a new HC chosen by Dorsey right away.

Archived