Out with the slow in with the new

Golfman

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I for one won't be surprised when Moore is option 2 behind Adams halfway through 2018.

I'll take a stab at our game one receivers: Adams, Cobb, Clark, Moore, EQ, the other kid with too many letters in his name is either 6th WR or practice squad. 

Davis, Allison, Yancey all down the road.

Cobb might be thinking he's a point guard on a basketball team more than a slot receiver in the NFL. 

21 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'll take a stab at our game one receivers: Adams, Cobb, Clark, Moore, EQ, the other kid with too many letters in his name is either 6th WR or practice squad. 

Davis, Allison, Yancey all down the road.

Cobb might be thinking he's a point guard on a basketball team more than a slot receiver in the NFL. 

clark won't make it past the first round of cuts.

Just now, incognito_man said:

clark won't make it past the first round of cuts.

We can agree to disagree. He's got way too much athletic ability and a skill no one in the league currently has at WR, he's 6'6 and can jump out of the gym. Oh, and he can catch. The leap he made from basketball to getting in a camp has been remarkable. He's an athlete that is very rare. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

We can agree to disagree. He's got way too much athletic ability and a skill no one in the league currently has at WR, he's 6'6 and can jump out of the gym. Oh, and he can catch. The leap he made from basketball to getting in a camp has been remarkable. He's an athlete that is very rare. 

he can't catch. he can't even find the football.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

he can't catch. he can't even find the football.

You are talking about 2 back shoulder throws where he had terrible hand positioning. That is something that can be corrected easily with some coaching. If that is your basis I strongly disagree. Look at the sideline grab he laid out for and snagged. Not many in the league make that play. 

He's got some learning to do, but saying he can't catch is a myth borne out of 2 back shoulder throws IMO. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Seems very optimistic to me to think that a 4th, 5th and 6th round WR are going to be the 3rd, 4th, and 5th receivers on an NFL team as rookies. Just think you're putting way too much on the kids. If you get even one guy of the three contributing in year one, you're happy.

It reminds me of last year when people were bullish on all the rookie WR’s (incl. draft & UDFA) in preseason, but at the end of the day, most didn’t even stick on the 53-roster. 

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

It reminds me of last year when people were bullish on all the rookie WR’s (incl. draft & UDFA) in preseason, but at the end of the day, most didn’t even stick on the 53-roster. 

nobody liked yancey lol

dupre had a couple of big fans, but not many.

Those 2 aren't anything like the guys this year, either.

Just now, incognito_man said:

nobody liked yancey lol

dupre had a couple of big fans, but not many.

Those 2 aren't anything like the guys this year, either.

Agree on yancey, but the main point is there was a lot of hype on the group in general between Clark/Dupre/McCaffery. There were some talking of keeping 7 wr’s and fretting about them getting picked up by other teams if cut. 

There always seems to be hype on late WR picks, whether it’s Dorsey/Johnson or Abbrederis/Janis. I just think we shouldn’t be too quick to dismiss Allison’s capabilities.

27 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Can he catch though. That one endzone miss was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in pro football

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Can he catch though. That one endzone miss was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in pro football

He tried to body catch it when he needed to turn his hands around and snag it like Davante does. Yes, I think he can catch and again, that is correctable with coaching. I think this kid is my guy to watch for a big second year leap. He had played so little football up to that game that the fact he was even being thrown too is a miracle. 

Just now, Golfman said:

He tried to body catch it when he needed to turn his hands around and snag it like Davante does. Yes, I think he can catch and again, that is correctable with coaching. I think this kid is my guy to watch for a big second year leap. He had played so little football up to that game that the fact he was even being thrown too is a miracle. 

I was a huge Clark guy, to me that just seemed unnatural. Maybe coaching can fix it, but it scared the pants off me

Clark was the most inconsistent WR at TC. 

Make a wow play one moment and then literally let one zip straight through his hands. 

Hands definitely seemed like a huge issue from what I saw in TC. 

However, I think Clark has a lot to do with why St. Brown, Moore and MVS were all added in the same draft class. 

His (limited) success led to his own demise. 

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I was a huge Clark guy, to me that just seemed unnatural. Maybe coaching can fix it, but it scared the pants off me

It was totally unnatural, I agree. Of course, he was inconsistent. He's hardly played any football. I disagree with the poster that said the WR's being drafted were due to Clark. They were due to what he have after Cobb, who is questionable. It was a position that clearly needed to be addressed. Out of all the guys behind Adams and Cobb, I'll stake my bet on Clark right now. 

Archived