2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

^ I say this because I'm good with our current OTs, OGs, and I am somewhat banking on our C's struggles last year being due to playing injured. 

I can respect and understand that. For myself, I don't have as much faith in Tomlinson, Richburg and Person as most do. That's if Person is even brought back otherwise we are looking at Garnett starting which brings another set of question marks with it. Richburg, regardless of injury was horrific last year and Magnuson has been no where to be found since showing potential some years ago. I agree our OTs are set, even our swing OT spot seems to be settled now, but the interior is cast offs and mid level replacements who I don't think have anymore upside from what we saw last year, which was average at best. I would like to see something like EDGE in 1, WR or IOL at 2 and whatever we didn't take in round 2 look for in 3. With our 4 and two 6's I'd like to see a DB, TE and LB added in no particular order but from a BPA standpoint.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Richburg, regardless of injury was horrific last year

Respectfully, I don't believe this sentence computes, for me. Playing hurt is playing hurt, and I can't fairy evaluate his play as if he wasn't hurt. 

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Respectfully, I don't believe this sentence computes, for me. Playing hurt is playing hurt, and I can't fairy evaluate his play as if he wasn't hurt. 

And I would agree would that for the most part, however, if he was that hurt to where his play would be absolutely atrocious, he shouldn't have been playing at all right? It's not like he was of absolute need as we were playing for a playoff push. There were so many points throughout the season where he was thrown around like a rag doll in pass pro or provided no push or missed his guy altogether when run blocking. I was greatly disappointed with his play all season.

6 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I was greatly disappointed with his play all season.

As was I, and you make fair points. I'm certainly not going to be upset if they address OL earlier than I prefer, and all the more so, if FA fills some needed spots.

A guy like Bradbury could be a brilliant choice, if there on day 2. I figure we are locked in with Richburg for a couple more years, and I'm leaning toward hope that he gets it all straightened out. If they disagree with that, and agree with you, I'll never object much to adding quality to the OL. It really is that important. 

BOSA runs a 4.84

they all agreed he didn't get a good run in, so no worries.

Burns runs a 

well they won't show me, vuz they are constantly advertising Old Spice on the screen, lmao... mother of all that is holy, 

I do agree with that line of thinking though, its more than probable that Richburg is our starting C for at least next year. I would love to add a Bradbury or Elgton Jenkins in the 3rd if available because I love the options we have at the top of the 2nd for WRs.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

BOSA runs a 4.84

they all agreed he didn't get a good run in, so no worries.

His brother ran a 4.86, with the Bosa's and how they win on the field I'm not worried at all. Wonder what his 10 yard split was.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

His brother ran a 4.86, with the Bosa's and how they win on the field I'm not worried at all. Wonder what his 10 yard split was.

Joey ran a 4.77 I believe. 

But I'm with you. Want to see the split

Archived