BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

Cuba 2017 Draft Class 

Dalvin Cook, RB 1(7): Performed up to expectations. Didn't need trade up for him, but the results were promising when he was healthy. He started running again and got injured early enough to expect him to be healthy come week one in 2018.

DeShaun Watson, QB 3(7): Boy he was really a surprise. He was really good until he got injured. We intended to start him too, but at the very least I think he would be a top 16 pick in a redraft.

DeMarcus Walker, DE 6(5): He had a really interesting year one. He was inactive on multiple occasions because a lack of special team contributions. Moved to LB early in the year, moved back to the Edge position he had in college and ended the year getting his first sack on Patrick Mahomes.

Ryan Anderson, OLB 6(6): He played occasionally and stayed healthy for most of the year. A depth guy for year one, we expect something more from him in the future.

Aviante Collins, RT 7(4): He went undrafted so the expectations were really low. He signed with the Vikings worked hard and earned a spot on the roster. Got some OL snaps as the 6th guy. The Vikings stated a late rounder to end the season at RT so he should have a legitimate chance to make the roster or stick around with another team.

UDFA

Eddie Vanderdoes, DT: Played a ton this season, did some nice things. Tore his ACL to end the year so his 2018 contributions are TBD. Has to go through the recovery cycle.

Tedric Thompson, SS: Depth safety for Seattle. 

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

Berlin Blitzkrieg 2017 draft class

2.3 - Gareon Conley, CB - Hurt all year, looked very good in the one game he played, but overall contributed nothing.
4.4 - Carlos Watkins, DL - Really improved over the course of the season and got more playing time than expected due to Texan injuries.  Pretty happy with him.  
4.13 - Dawuane Smoot, Edge - Rotated in on one of the best DLs in the NFL and did well.  Could be a very viable BDL starter with another year or two of development.
5.3 - Chris Godwin, WR - Didn't play much to start the year, but when he got on the field, he looked really, really good.  15 catches for 277 and a TD in his three starts.
5.4 - Taylor Moton, OL - Played in every game, but only 64 offensive snaps for some reason.  Could take over as a starting OT next year, but disappointing he couldn't win the job this year.
5.10 - D'Onta Foreman, RB - Was in the doghouse a bit during the season, but showed flashes of being a bruising stud before he got hurt.  Hopefully will be 100% for next year.
7.2 - Howard Wilson, CB - Fractured his kneecap the first day of rookie minicamp.  Will be fully healthy for next year.
7.3 - Bucky Hodges, TE - Already a bust.
PFA 1 - Trey Hendrickson, Edge - Flashed some really good potential, but had nagging injuries all year.  Could end up starting across from Cam Jordan next year.
PFA 2 - Kenny Golladay, WR - Showed flashes of being a good deep threat WR, but hurt his hamstring Week 3.  Should be the #3 in DET next year.

A lot of guys got hurt, but those that got playing time flashed good potential and earned more playing time as the year went on.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

This semester suuuuuucks.

Also, been playing mafia.  And I have a girlfriend now.

I'm waiting for people to start doing mock drafts.

Nice knowing you, I guess. Do we start looking for a replacement now or what?

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Nice knowing you, I guess. Do we start looking for a replacement now or what?

Nah, BDL comes before all else.

Plus, she knows less about football than literally anyone I have ever met.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.  She knows that football stuff is my alone time.  

• Like 3

I only did this to keep @Ragnarok happy. Don't complain about it.

1.Compton Black Panthers: Sam Darnold QB USC- DeShone Kizer is trash and this roster badly needs a QB.

2.Orlando Ospreys: Bradley Chubb DE NC State- I was thinking about Barkley, but Kamara is so good and DJ can be 3 upped so Hockey can address other needs. He's got a great roster, so he goes BPA. 

3.Oklahoma City Rogues: Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama- Pairing him with Hooker would be a great combo. I thought about Barkley but it's a deep RB class.

4. Wichita Woodpeckers: Calvin Ridley WR Alabama- I expect Wichita to try and trade down to ransom a QB, but I'm not projecting that here and he needs WR's.

5. Camden Hood Rats: Josh Rosen QB UCLA- People think he's a ******, but I need a QB.

6. Charleston Dingos:  Marcus Davenport Edge UTSA- Guy is a freak of nature and the edge players on this squad are pretty close to butt cheeks.

7. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Saquon Barkley RB PSU- Rags still loves Lamar Miller but getting this lucky is too good to pass up.

8. Long Beach Leprechauns: Josh Jackson CB Iowa- Top CB this year is a toss up between Jackson/Ward, but I think Jackson continues to climb.

9. Orlando Ospreys: Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame- Oh, these jerks are picking again. Nelson is a day 1 starter and he'd sure up the Orlando line.

10. Gotham Gashslayers: Denzel Ward CB Ohio St- Pheltz has solid corners, but Norman is gonna be a 3 down soon enough and Ward is an elite player.

11. Compton Black Panthers: Courtland Sutton WR SMU- Got his QB of the future earlier, and now a big body to pair with AB, the player Doctson was supposed to be.

12. Orlando Ospreys: Vita Vea DT Washington- The clowns pick again, and add monster bulk up front with some athletic ability.

13. Cuba Smugglers: Derwin James S/LB FSU- Frogs loves players from his home state, so there's that.

14. Oklahoma City Rogues: Roquan Smith LB- Easy pick for Whicker after addressing his secondary earlier in the round.

15. Seoul Dragons: Tremaine Edmunds LB- A very complete team as evidenced by back to back BB appearances, Edmunds has super star potential.

16. Rome Eternals: Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma- The champs need a successor to Brees, why not get another little guy?