2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

Metcalf is a 3rd round prospect to me. Obviously he will go high in the draft. I just don't see enough that convinces me that he will be more than a #4 with a deep threat ability and potential to develop into a 50/50 ball guy. Maybe we take him but I'm pessimistic about a guy with drops issues, issues with change of direction, and a history of not playing as physical as someone of his HWSS should.

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Metcalf is a 3rd round prospect to me. Obviously he will go high in the draft. I just don't see enough that convinces me that he will be more than a #4 with a deep threat ability and potential to develop into a 50/50 ball guy. Maybe we take him but I'm pessimistic about a guy with drops issues, issues with change of direction, and a history of not playing as physical as someone of his HWSS should.

The drops and change of direction sounds like Matt Jones to me

Hands for a WR is one of those things i feel like you cant teach. And it should be the #1 thing you look for when sifting thru the WR class and kicking guys off your board

On 3/18/2019 at 8:52 PM, .Buzz said:

It continues...

I don't know what all the hoopla about Taylor is he played RT his whole career and we all know in college if you're the best lineman on the line you play left tackle. Yet Taylor could never unseat Ivy who was the starting LT who most mocks have a 2nd to 3rd round grade on. Taylor was never even named to a All SEC team yet he's a 7th overall talent? Yeah all right but i'm not buying it. 

7 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'm not nearly so extreme on Metcalf...but honestly...i really wonder about him.  Pretty much all of his real splash plays...are just getting the ball deeper and/or running away from people.  There's just not the sort of resume i'd want to see there from a stud "do it all" WR.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

I don't know what all the hoopla about Taylor is he played RT his whole career and we all know in college if you're the best lineman on the line you play left tackle. Yet Taylor could never unseat Ivy who was the starting LT who most mocks have a 2nd to 3rd round grade on. Taylor was never even named to a All SEC team yet he's a 7th overall talent? Yeah all right but i'm not buying it. 

I don't think Taylor is a bad RT...but i do kinda wonder what's up with that.  Martez Ivey has a ton of problems in his game...but he honestly doesn't get beat any more than Taylor as college tackle buddies.  He doesn't have the same drive, doesn't engage and hold blocks as well, doesn't move as smoothly...but...it just kinda begs the question...

Probably doesn't matter if we're just gonna plug him in at RT anyway.  But i feel like everyone's just kinda assuming Cam is gonna come back 100% and pick up where he left off.  Which was already...sorta fringe LT play salvaged by how darn good he was in the run game.  But that's hardly a guarantee, is it?

9 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

u can say the same thing about when the USC trojans had Tyron smith as their starting RT. i believe their LT was matt Kalil. 

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I doubt they draft a QB before the fifth round this is just the check the block type of interview. Now that the Jags have Foles it would be dumb to burn a pick on anything other than QB. Yes, even if Haskins is there at 7 as it pains me to type it but rest assure if Haskins turns out to be solid too and Foles doesn’t make it through the yr or stinks it up even though the FO will be smoked out.. it’s still not going to burn the fan base because they’ll be left out to dry.

Edited by DuvalsKing

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Odd but I sorta see the Foles comp a bit.

Foles yes Bridgewater no Bridgewater pre knee injury was a smooth athletic athlete. Teddy wasn’t a lighting fast guy but he was athletic out in open space, he ran smooth. Not to say Haskins isn’t athletic but his athleticism is just  different he is a younger Big Ben type of athlete he is going to be the type of guy that’s going to be hard to tackle in the grass he’ll be the type of athlete to get off a pass with a guy draped on him and you wonder how he got the pass out type guy. Because Haskins is not fast nor particularly nifty in the open field.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Take it for what it's worth, but...

Burns, Oliver, Sweat I'd all be good with. Not sure about feelings on Gary. Gotta watch more of him.

Sweat is going to drop down some boards he was listed with a heart issue during predrafts and I’m not cool with dropping top 10 picks on guys with potential medical issues.

7 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Sweat is going to drop down some boards he was listed with a heart issue during predrafts and I’m not cool with dropping top 10 picks on guys with potential medical issues.

Teams have known about his heart problem for a while.  Stock is staying the course plus u don't find many de like sweat athletically.  Sweat is fine and if his heart was a real problem they wouldn't have let him perform at the combine

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know BPA blah blah blah but if we dont get an offensive weapon in round 1 or some blocking its like we’re expecting Nick to be an alchemist out there

I mean, there is talent on offens, whether Nick turns them around is a different story and not something we should bet on though.

I LOVE Hock, but he's still a TE and that's not a common position to be taking top 7, let alone top 10. I am here for taking him, but I get the hesitation too.

Taylor's tape is impressive and I'm a fan, but the DL talent is pretty overwhelming and I think the plan is to have a better more consistent QB and have an elite D and hope to get back to where we were/surpass 2017, for better or worse. Wouldn't shock me to take a top tier talent along the DL (which there will be one at 7), even with offensive need.

Can still grab Irv/Hakeem in round 2, WR/TE/OL Rd 3, and one the last of the 3 or RB with that 3rd from LAR too.