The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Had been considering Miller for the past few rounds. Just couldn’t get past uncertainty over his role and potential release.

He just never seems to get the touches that his talent level warrants but he isn't an old dude either. If he gets released he could find a solid home and produce elsewhere too. 

I feel pretty good about Miller. Foreman is likely the #1 at the moment, but he's coming back from an achilles. There aren't really any other decent backs on the roster after those two. He's still got a decent enough age vs. mileage as well. I'll take him as my 4th back and be happy with it. ^_^

I like this roster so far. I feel like I managed to get high end talent across the board, though some of the guys are pretty hard boom/bust candidates.

18 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

Between a handful of promising WRs with that pick, at the end of the day I decided I wanted at least 1 share of Golladay in one my dynasties.

I've been thinking about Golladay for a while too. I always worry about Lion's bias though, so I tend to avoid Detroit players as much as possible... or I at least dock them a few points because of my inherent bias. Golladay looks pretty good right now, and we all expect him to be the heir apparent to the #1 job before too long. He's got the athleticism and the mentality for sure, just needs the time. It's a good stash/4th receiver play.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

Hard to see who's actually winning this draft for the fact that it's just a 10 team league, plenty of talent on everyones roster. Everyone should be feeling pretty confident right now. It will be an interesting season. 

I want to work a dialogue for each owner to give some thoughts on each team, who they stole from them, who they reached for and so on. Once we’re done I’ll do one for all of you

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I want to work a dialogue for each owner to give some thoughts on each team, who they stole from them, who they reached for and so on. Once we’re done I’ll do one for all of you

No offense but I couldnt really care less about what someone else thinks of my team. What I was getting at that everyone feels positive about their team, as they should, but that we won't know till the games are played. We will find out who built the best team at the end of the season and we'll find out who drafted the best dynasty team in 3-4 years. Anything good said in a synopsis of a team will be agreed upon by the owner and anything negative said will be met with a defensive response. 

There haven't been many times where I was targeting one specific player. I generally tend to have about 3 that I'm rating equally, then occasionally one or two of them will get picked before I'm up.

I also make a point of keeping my draft strategy extremely fluid early on... I tend to go WR early, but Kamara falling into the mid 2nd round forced my hand a bit. My roster is a big RB heavy at this point because of it.

This being a superflex or 2QB league, I fully expected the bulk of QBs to go much earlier. There were about 10 guys I would have felt comfortable with, so after my big investment in Garropolo early I didn't want to dip in again too early. I felt that I could get comparable value later... So I waited it out. I wanted Mariota, Winston, Goff, Mahomes or Trubisky to develop. Once they were all snapped up, I was looking at Brady, Cousins, Brees and Rivers. Brady was gone, so I grabbed who I thought was the 2nd best option in Brees. Thus I have my starting QB in Brees and a great young developmental QB in Garropolo to man my superflex. After that, I snagged Jackson a bit early. I think he's going to be special, and I can afford to sit him for a bit.

I don't feel as though I missed out anywhere at the position because of that fluidity.

#pattingmyselfontheback #popscollar #iamapeacock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

There haven't been many times where I was targeting one specific player. I generally tend to have about 3 that I'm rating equally, then occasionally one or two of them will get picked before I'm up.

I also make a point of keeping my draft strategy extremely fluid early on... I tend to go WR early, but Kamara falling into the mid 2nd round forced my hand a bit. My roster is a big RB heavy at this point because of it.

This being a superflex or 2QB league, I fully expected the bulk of QBs to go much earlier. There were about 10 guys I would have felt comfortable with, so after my big investment in Garropolo early I didn't want to dip in again too early. I felt that I could get comparable value later... So I waited it out. I wanted Mariota, Winston, Goff, Mahomes or Trubisky to develop. Once they were all snapped up, I was looking at Brady, Cousins, Brees and Rivers. Brady was gone, so I grabbed who I thought was the 2nd best option in Brees. Thus I have my starting QB in Brees and a great young developmental QB in Garropolo to man my superflex. After that, I snagged Jackson a bit early. I think he's going to be special, and I can afford to sit him for a bit.

I don't feel as though I missed out anywhere at the position because of that fluidity.

It wasn't till the #iamapeacock till I smashed that like button.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

No offense but I couldnt really care less about what someone else thinks of my team. What I was getting at that everyone feels positive about their team, as they should, but that we won't know till the games are played. We will find out who built the best team at the end of the season and we'll find out who drafted the best dynasty team in 3-4 years. Anything good said in a synopsis of a team will be agreed upon by the owner and anything negative said will be met with a defensive response. 

Isn't that the fun part?

5 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The QB situation will be very interesting if Jackson gets beat out early on because you might be at a bye week like New Orleans at 6 and Jackson might not be starting yet. Because then you either decide to go without a QB which will practically be a forfeit i feel or you have to drop 1 of those 3 since there is a limit. With that said I do love the long term approach of proven veteran-young guy with experience-rookie. Solid mix of letting the rookie make mistakes on your bench while the proven guy plays and hope the middle guy gets better. Jimmy G might be less proven than most in that realm but he has more potential than most there too