The Rain -- Netflix.......Any good, or am I all wet?

Bucketheadsdad

Looks like one of 10,000 YA TV shows that will quickly neglect everything the show was based on and even named after strictly to focus on adolescent drama.  Lost in Space had excellent visuals mixed with some REALLY bad family drama and it managed a 7.2 rating on IMDB.  The Rain currently has a 6.1.  TV shows typically get higher average ratings on there than movies, so I won't even try to watch a TV show with a rating lower than a 7.0 on IMDB. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Looks like one of 10,000 YA TV shows that will quickly neglect everything the show was based on and even named after strictly to focus on adolescent drama.  Lost in Space had excellent visuals mixed with some REALLY bad family drama and it managed a 7.2 rating on IMDB.  The Rain currently has a 6.1.  TV shows typically get higher average ratings on there than movies, so I won't even try to watch a TV show with a rating lower than a 7.0 on IMDB. 

It does have a bit of a "28 Days Later" vibe to it.  

52 minutes ago, MathMan said:

on a scale from Maze Runner to Holes, what do you give it?

Haven't seen either of those, so I couldn't give you a reference there.  It is only 8 episodes, all under 45 minutes.  It was not the best program I have ever watched, but it certainly wasn't the worst.  Enough to hold my interest.  

There were a few instances where I thought to myself that the screenwriters must have been watching the same programs that I've watched.  (some ideas "borrowed" from other series)

Archived