2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

7 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I'd say any game that has been rescheduled due to a COVID outbreak, but is still tenuous due to the possibility of more positive tests popping up before the game.

Not a hill I'm looking to die on, just an idea and one that I think makes a decent amount of sense

So what happens if at 4pm on sunday, the monday night game gets a positive test and post phoned.  How do owners handle this?

Games are either finished or started, so designating a "replacement " might not be an option.   But the precedent is set they should be able to .

43 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So what happens if at 4pm on sunday, the monday night game gets a positive test and post phoned.  How do owners handle this?

Games are either finished or started, so designating a "replacement " might not be an option.   But the precedent is set they should be able to .

May not be perfect. Might be something like, if no game for that week has been postponed an hour ahead of kickoff on the 1pm EST window of games, we can't do it. Or by Saturday 11:59pm, I dunno. Something like that.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, DannyB said:

May not be perfect. Might be something like, if no game for that week has been postponed an hour ahead of kickoff on the 1pm EST window of games, we can't do it. Or by Saturday 11:59pm, I dunno. Something like that.

My main concern is the MNF game.   It is a full 24 hours after the other games and if positive tests come back later on Sunday or Monday morning, those owners have no option to submit a back up player where other games would have the option.   If we are not going to consider the back up player for all games, then why do it at all for any game?

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

My main concern is the MNF game.   It is a full 24 hours after the other games and if positive tests come back later on Sunday or Monday morning, those owners have no option to submit a back up player where other games would have the option.   If we are not going to consider the back up player for all games, then why do it at all for any game?

You mean if a team that is playing on Monday gets positive tests on Sunday and it puts their game in jeopardy? I feel like that's such a small likelihood that it's worth doing the best we can, and if that specific scenario. happens, oh well too bad so sad. All we can do is the best we can.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking?

24 minutes ago, DannyB said:

You mean if a team that is playing on Monday gets positive tests on Sunday and it puts their game in jeopardy? I feel like that's such a small likelihood that it's worth doing the best we can, and if that specific scenario. happens, oh well too bad so sad. All we can do is the best we can.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking?

so you are saying that owners with players in the KC /NE game should have been allowed to submit back up starters in the event that game was canceled due to more positive COVID tests sometime on later Sunday or Monday but the owners with players in the GB/ATL game would not have had the same option to submit back up starters if that game got canceled due to positive COVID tests sometime on later Sunday or Monday?

Why the discrepancy in how you would handle that almost identical situation?   That makes absolutely no sense to me.  

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so you are saying that owners with players in the KC /NE game should have been allowed to submit back up starters in the event that game was canceled due to more positive COVID tests sometime on later Sunday or Monday but the owners with players in the GB/ATL game would not have had the same option to submit back up starters if that game got canceled due to positive COVID tests sometime on later Sunday or Monday?

Why the discrepancy in how you would handle that almost identical situation?   That makes absolutely no sense to me.  

It almost feels like there's something we're not quite understanding between us, or it's just a MASSIVE philosophical difference. And at the end of the day if people don't want to do anything about situations like this, that's fine, again it's not a hill I'm gonna die on.

If somehow, the MINUSCULE chance of positive covid tests popping up specifically in that window of Sunday to Monday, specifically for the teams playing on Monday, therefore not giving owners enough time to submit a backup starter...somehow that scenario happens? Yes, I guess that team is S.O.L.

But having this idea in place that would cover a VAST majority of the probable covid-related game canceling/postponing scenarios, even if it doesn't quite cover 100% of them, still seems like a worthwhile move to me. Like, I don't see how not being able to do something PERFECTLY should get in the way of being able to do something pretty damn good.

But, again, if nobody else really cares enough, then neither do I, I won't lose sleep over it.

7 minutes ago, DannyB said:

It almost feels like there's something we're not quite understanding between us, or it's just a MASSIVE philosophical difference. And at the end of the day if people don't want to do anything about situations like this, that's fine, again it's not a hill I'm gonna die on.

If somehow, the MINUSCULE chance of positive covid tests popping up specifically in that window of Sunday to Monday, specifically for the teams playing on Monday, therefore not giving owners enough time to submit a backup starter...somehow that scenario happens? Yes, I guess that team is S.O.L.

But having this idea in place that would cover a VAST majority of the probable covid-related game canceling/postponing scenarios, even if it doesn't quite cover 100% of them, still seems like a worthwhile move to me. Like, I don't see how not being able to do something PERFECTLY should get in the way of being able to do something pretty damn good.

But, again, if nobody else really cares enough, then neither do I, I won't lose sleep over it.

The solution you are proposing just discards the potential of a positive test affecting the MNF game and your answer is tough **** for the owners of players in that game, but the other games that also might be affected, we should enact this rule that allows owners to submit a back up starter.  How is it so difficult to allow that option to be in existence for the MNF game?

Why do the Sunday games have a superior priority of being allowed a back up starter but the MNF game does not?

It is so funny that I have asked this in multiple leagues and places that this has been brought up and no one seems to have an answer or concern for allowing the option for a situation that the MNF game gets canceled because of COVID yet the NE/KC game was the huge alarm that we need to have these back up plans as a just in case scenario.   While this other "just in case scenario" is met with tough **** for those owners.   

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The solution you are proposing just discards the potential of a positive test affecting the MNF game and your answer is tough **** for the owners of players in that game, but the other games that also might be affected, we should enact this rule that allows owners to submit a back up starter.  How is it so difficult to allow that option to be in existence for the MNF game?

Why do the Sunday games have a superior priority of being allowed a back up starter but the MNF game does not?

Do you have a proposal for how to account for this very unlikely scenario? I mean I suppose we could say that owners may, if they want, submit a backup starter to replace any player starting the MNF game, just in case? That's not a bad idea really, and it's fully opt-in for any owner that CHOOSES to, so it's not like they have to do it if they're not worried about it. Just post a backup on here, no matter what, if you so choose.

Would that work?

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Do you have a proposal for how to account for this very unlikely scenario? I mean I suppose we could say that owners may, if they want, submit a backup starter to replace any player starting the MNF game, just in case? That's not a bad idea really, and it's fully opt-in for any owner that CHOOSES to, so it's not like they have to do it if they're not worried about it. Just post a backup on here, no matter what, if you so choose.

Would that work?

That is what I have been suggesting this entire time.