Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

My guy!! That was your classic Medv meltdown up a set and lose. 

I don’t like the DraftKings book. But good to see some winning bets 

What didn’t you like about it? I didn’t have any problems my 3 days I could use it. I liked the early cash out option and I got paid via PayPal a day after I put in my withdrawal request. 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What didn’t you like about it? I didn’t have any problems my 3 days I could use it. I liked the early cash out option and I got paid via PayPal a day after I put in my withdrawal request. 

Find the app to be very messy like not organized. My biggest issue is the payout time. It’s usually a 15 hour timeframe to get it via paypal and with BetMGM even FanDuel the paypal payouts take 2 hours tops. Most done in a hour so compared to that it’s just not acceptable. Also when I used them cause I used them solely for a couple weeks I noticed the cash out options was hardly ever active once the game started.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Find the app to be very messy like not organized. My biggest issue is the payout time. It’s usually a 15 hour timeframe to get it via paypal and with BetMGM even FanDuel the paypal payouts take 2 hours tops. Most done in a hour so compared to that it’s just not acceptable. Also when I used them cause I used them solely for a couple weeks I noticed the cash out options was hardly ever active once the game started.  

Oh damn, I didn’t know BetMGM and FanDuel were that quick. But I can definitely see your point with it being messy.

• Like 1

So it seems like Tennis Australia tried to skirt the rules big time to get Djokovic into the tournament. The Australian government (and citizens) found out and put a stop to it.

Hard to know if Djokovic knew it was iffy and agreed or simply trusted Tennis Australia and got caught in the middle.

It seems likely Djokovic's appeal will be denied. What's wild is that if it is denied then he gets banned from the country for 3 years. Maybe he can get that lowered, but that's the standard punishment.

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

So it seems like Tennis Australia tried to skirt the rules big time to get Djokovic into the tournament. The Australian government (and citizens) found out and put a stop to it.

Hard to know if Djokovic knew it was iffy and agreed or simply trusted Tennis Australia and got caught in the middle.

It seems likely Djokovic's appeal will be denied. What's wild is that if it is denied then he gets banned from the country for 3 years. Maybe he can get that lowered, but that's the standard punishment.

As an Australian I can assure you his chances of winning this case are very low. The rules around the entry into Australia and very tight and the government doesn’t lose many cases in court when challenged.

Both Tennis Australia and Novak have tried to get around the rules and when push came to shove they have both been found out

Djokovic claims he tested positive on 12/16/2021. The deadline to apply for a medical exemption was 12/10/2021.

Even better...tournament organizers sent a letter to the players saying an unvaccinated player could enter if they had COVID-19 in the last 6 months. What's great is that Australia's Health Minister sent a letter directly to the tournament director stating that wouldn't be sufficient to enter the country...back in November.

Edited by seminoles1

Has court tomorrow so we’ll see if he’s cleared. Even if he is. Zero practice time the  past couple days while he’s stuck in his hotel room. AO starts in a week from Sunday. Even if he gets cleared it’s hard to seeing him winning it all with the lack of time on the court.

I did play some Nadal +700 I like the way he has looked this week. His body just has to hold up and should put up one hell of a fight. 

Feel like this is really Medv AO to lose 

He will have his supporters but I think he gets some pretty harsh reactions from the crowed. 

But this story is just really crazy. Djokovic gets to play but comes out of it looking awful. He tested positive for COVID on December 16th but attended a public gathering with NO MASK days later. Like holy ****!!

Looks like his goal in all of this was to get COVID before AO so he could get a medical exemption otherwise he knew he wouldn’t get one 

Edited by agarcia34