Fallout 76

Danger

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Wastelanders is out today! Complete overhaul to the entire game. 

I saw this. Any reason to play single player? Are they still trying to make people pay $100 a year or whatever it was? I've got things to hold me over for a little while but since a lot of games will be delayed, I can always keep an open mind to new stuff

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I saw this. Any reason to play single player? Are they still trying to make people pay $100 a year or whatever it was? I've got things to hold me over for a little while but since a lot of games will be delayed, I can always keep an open mind to new stuff

I have only ever played solo. This addition adds NPCs and a new quest line, so it is even better if you only want a main story and non of the group events, etc..

If you want a purely private world you have to pay for the subscription thing, but honestly I don't see any reason to do that. It would be super boring. Unless you specifically seek out people, nobody will bother you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I have only ever played solo. This addition adds NPCs and a new quest line, so it is even better if you only want a main story and non of the group events, etc..

If you want a purely private world you have to pay for the subscription thing, but honestly I don't see any reason to do that. It would be super boring. Unless you specifically seek out people, nobody will bother you.

I thought a lot of the missions required multiple people or something. Probably misremembering. My brother has gifted me two year long ps+ subscriptions that I've never used. It would give me a reason to activate them. Something to think about once I'm finished with FFVIIR

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I thought a lot of the missions required multiple people or something. Probably misremembering. My brother has gifted me two year long ps+ subscriptions that I've never used. It would give me a reason to activate them. Something to think about once I'm finished with FFVIIR

Nope, all the quests are solo. There are public events where anyone can jump in to work together but those are just side things

18 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Classic Bethesda. Accounts had to be linked by the 12th. Game releases on the 14th. 

You still get the fallout 1&2 if you buy it between april 14th-28 so not tooo terrible.

But Bethesda needs to burn down their PR department and hire someone new. 

8 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

This was announced weeks ago. 

Must have gotten lost in my news feed amongst all the discussion of an ongoing pandemic. I didn't even know it was coming to Steam and I feel like most developers would take the sensible approach and allow at least a week from the release date to make transfers. I mean ****, Rockstar allowed I think like a year to transfer accounts to a different platform. Not a big deal to me anyways, I've tried picking this back up several times, and its still a huge disappointment to me.