Most Improved

onejayhawk

The article below has five candidates for most improved. Their top choice is PM II, which is a no-brainer. Consider other options before you read the list they give. Also, Eric Berry returning to his old form would make him best recovered, not most improved

My off the cuff is 

1. Given
  2. LDT-MD
  3. Eric Murray
  4. Reggie Ragland
  5. Dee Ford

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/6/4/17361584/five-candidates-for-most-improved-kansas-city-chief-in-2018

Commentary:

LDT was the bulk of the OL's nasty when he was injured. He should progress to being one of the best OG in the NFL

Murray should move up to starting FS. At third safety, Sorensen will be pushed by both Armani Watts and Dorian o'Day.

RR was just settling in by the end of the year. This season we should have a role where he can thrive.

Injuries have knocked Ford's career off track from the start. We have seen some flashes. Hopefully, we will see some consistency.

First thought: Erving and Kpassagnon. Chris Conley is starting from an extremely low baseline, but with the current setup he may be bound to break out.

I have no clue what to expect from Murray. LDT is already starting from a rather high base.

The criticism of LDT is fair since he did knock heads for three weeks. That said, he was hurt in game four, so the level of play is not well established. He was not the same later in the season.

Kpassagnon and Erving are listed in the article. That said, they do not have starting roles at present, which limits things severely. 

J

I’m going for:

1) LDT- improved year on year and going to be a real leader on our o-line over the next few years.

2) Ragland- I have faith in RR and even though he’s no dj in coverage, I think he’ll shore up the middle of our d for the next few years with Hitchens. I do worry they’re a bit too similar but it is what it is.

3) iOL - I have a lot less faith in this group, be it witz, ehringer or Erving, but I hope one of them can step up. On current tape it’s witz, on potential/ potentially falling back on his a$$ it’s Erving

4) Kpass/Ford -

Ford will either come back healthy and have a 10+ sack season and v little else or do nothing. However it works out I hope we don’t re-sign him.

for Kpass - I hope he doesn’t get buried down the depth chart, he’s got the pieces so let’s hope the coaching staff can get him up to speed. Let’s just hope Veachs comment after the draft are more him trying to light a fire under Kpass.

5) any corner/s:

if I had to pick one to break out it would be Richmond just down to the physical tools, but I don’t hold out much hope here. 

Bonus- I hope veach some RR like bargain shopping as we get down to final cuts.

The dream would really be Kpass, for me. Him stepping up would solve so many of our defensive problems from last year.

Honestly, I expect Daniel Sorensen to improve over last year more than just about anyone, though. He played horrendously last year, after looking solid as the #3 S back in 2016. Berry coming back will remove some of his added responsibilities, along with having the simple effect of just Berry being back and being godly at everything he does. Sorensen getting back to 2016 levels of play would be huge improvement. They list Murray in the article, as do a few of you in the thread, but I kind of wouldn't be surprised to see Berry play full-time, Watts take the primary centerfield role, and get Sorensen back to the shallow zones he was in during dime packages for most of 2016.

I think going from Alex to Mahomes is gonna help our linemen. I agree LDT should be improved but Morse and Fisher as well.

As Jakuvious said, Berry being back will only help Sorensen as well. I agree with him as well on Murray. Don't think he'll start

I think Dee Ford will be what he always was, a good 3rd down pass rusher whose limitations vs the run will limit to this role. KPass is a wildcard here. Hopefully he improves as well, but we know he's a project and it might take a bit longer for him.

I don't think any wideout would be my first choice. If everyone is healthy (big if), they're stuck to option #5 on what could be more of a running team. Not sure Conley/Robinson/whoever will have enough opportunities.

Don't see it with Ragland. He was a super solid run defender and fairly decent pass defender when he played for us late in the year. I think that's kind of his ceiling tbh. Which is good enough, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he'll ever be the second coming of DJ.

Darkhorse candidate: Spencer Ware. I always loved him, hopefully he's back at 100% and should do great in complement of Hunt.

Archived