BAL loses 2 OTA practices, Harbaugh and owner fined for OTA rules violation

Broncofan

4 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

This is the same team whose coach cried about another team tricking them within the rules, right?

LOL. **** that lil' *****. That's right, I said lil'

It’s just the character of the coach to complain about illegal formations after blowing a game in the playoffs and then nine months later use the same formations in the regular season he complained about.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/21/9368349/ravens-patriots-trick-play-john-harbaugh-bill-belichick-eligible-receivers

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The best team at knowing how to cheat. That’s why they were so upset when the Patriots beat them in the playoffs before Deflategate. John Harbaugh, a coach I want to like but just proves he is an epic sore sport.

7 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I'm guessing you're a patriots fan? How is this at all related to the topic? 

My original comment is quoted above yours. I’m not surprised John Harbaugh is having issues with the NFL and rules. That’s what I was alluding to because @Darth Pees asked what I meant and you liked it.

26 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

It’s just the character of the coach to complain about illegal formations after blowing a game in the playoffs and then nine months later use the same formations in the regular season he complained about.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/21/9368349/ravens-patriots-trick-play-john-harbaugh-bill-belichick-eligible-receivers

Nothing you are saying makes sense.

-What Harbaugh complained about specifically for the Patriots in that game was the refs not giving enough notice that the player who was lining up outside was ineligible. He was more pissed at the refs for not giving them time to adjust than the formations. You can call that whining... that's fair enough. 

-The specific formation the Patriots was banned the very same offseason. A normally eligible receiver can't line up outside the tackle box and be an ineligible receiver. So the idea that they used the same formation 9 months later is 100% false.

-The idea that the Ravens tipped off the Colts that the Patriots were deflating balls: 1. Hasn't really been confirmed and more importantly...   2. Would 100% mean that the Patriots WERE manipulating the gameballs and cheating, wouldn't it? If the Colts knew ahead of time that it would be a problem, then there is no chance the pressure stuff was a fluke. Isn't the Patriots' fan stance to categorically deny that?

-Lastly and most relevant to thread (really the only thing relevant to this thread), you are saying that Harbaugh is a cheater because.... a player made too much contact in pass defense in an OTA practice drill.  

Honestly, did you even read what happened to get the OTA practices stripped? Or did you just see that Harbaugh and the Ravens were punished for something? Not that we don't already know the answer to that.

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Sounds like it may have been the tie up with Tony Jefferson.

By all reports, Harbaugh was overheard asking him to let that ball be caught in the future to avoid injury in OTA.

Ozzie and Harbaugh seem to at least be implying that it was a rookie.

Last year in OTA's we lost Tavon Young, who would have been a big factor as the NCB, for the season with a ACL tear AND lost Dennis Pitta, who would have been a top receiving option, for his career to another hip injury. I'll take losing 2 practices this year.

"Best team at knowing how to cheat"

proceeds to post articles about us complaining about rules we didn't know about and also about us complaining about a team that actually was cheating.

pick an argument, bro. Are we good at cheating or do we not know the rules? Furthermore, if rookies making contact during pass defense drills is us cheating at the rules, I hope we cheat every damn day.

43 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

What Harbaugh complained about specifically for the Patriots in that game was the refs not giving enough notice that the player who was lining up outside was ineligible. He was more pissed at the refs for not giving them time to adjust than the formations. You can call that whining... that's fair enough. 

Thanks for your approval.

45 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The specific formation the Patriots was banned the very same offseason. A normally eligible receiver can't line up outside the tackle box and be an ineligible receiver. So the idea that they used the same formation 9 months later is 100% false.

Almost identical formation, same tactic. Passive aggressive on John Harbaugh’s part. Coincides with the soreness from blowing a lead again to the Patriots. Or whining as you prefer to say.

47 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The idea that the Ravens tipped off the Colts that the Patriots were deflating balls: 1. Hasn't really been confirmed and more importantly...   2. Would 100% mean that the Patriots WERE manipulating the gameballs and cheating, wouldn't it? If the Colts knew ahead of time that it would be a problem, then there is no chance the pressure stuff was a fluke. Isn't the Patriots' fan stance to categorically deny that?

Dean Pees, (because he is so useful...), and one other Ravens member, (I think it was a special teams coach, not sure), were the only two people to be interviewed outside of the Patriots organization. This was confirmed in emails obtained by the NFL during the investigation. I don’t see how accusations from just two of the numerous bitter Ravens employees following a major loss necessitates cheating. If anything it confirms that those two caught whining are indeed sore losers.

Ted Wells investigation has been widely disputed under the notion that it was handled improperly as an extension of the NFL. The temperature in which these games were played in aligns with the scientifically proven pressure change theories associated with PSI in footballs.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Lastly and most relevant to thread (really the only thing relevant to this thread), you are saying that Harbaugh is a cheater because.... a player made too much contact in pass defense in an OTA practice drill.  

This isn’t the first infraction on the Ravens organization in recent years for infringement of league rules. I made that point in another post.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Honestly, did you even read what happened to get the OTA practices stripped? Or did you just see that Harbaugh and the Ravens were punished for something? Not that we don't already know the answer to that.

Honestly, do I have an answer for you if you’re mind is made up already? Nope.

33 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

pick an argument, bro. Are we good at cheating or do we not know the rules?

Both, it would seem.

33 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Furthermore, if rookies making contact during pass defense drills is us cheating at the rules, I hope we cheat every damn day.

Well this isn’t the first time the Ravens have been penalized for practicing outside of the parameters set forth by the league.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-nfl-penalizes-ravens-for-violating-practice-rules-20160526-story.html

The Ravens don’t have enough discipline to win a Super Bowl and it’s a reflection of their mediocre head coach. The Ravens have one more win than loss in their last five seasons. Without the defense Marvin Lewis built for the Ravens starting in the mid-late nineties, Harbaugh has been average as those players and defensive philosophies have retired. The only thing that has been keeping John Harbauh afloat  since Marvin Lewis, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Haloti Naga, and Rex Ryan left is Terrell Suggs and to some extent Ozzie Newsome. Harbaugh hasn’t done squat with the offense and his team loses then complains about the rules. Have fun being no better than 9-7 if you play for a team influenced primarily by John Harbaugh as head coach. At least if you’re a player for him you can be happy you get to miss practices for breaking rules. It’s easy to rally around hating the league and Roger Goodell but it doesn’t make you a winner on the field.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-06-07/sports/bs-sp-ravens-otas-0608-20100607_1_tight-end-quinn-sypniewski-ravens-offseason-practices

Oh look, in 2010they we’re penalized for the same thing. The Seahawks lost a fifth round pick in 2016 after their third time violating these OTA rules. Ravens though? Lose two practices of non-padded OTA’s and light fines. Way to go Roger, keep your integrity going with these low standard precedents. ?

Archived