Sam Beal

kingseanjohn

I just read that he's also entering the supplemental draft. Along with Adonis, he is ineligible due to academic reasons.

He's been listed at 6'1 and 185lbs. He played WR up until 2015 when he switched to CB at Western Michigan.

According to Draftwire;

He’s physical at the line of scrimmage and is very good at throwing receivers off balance with his initial shot off the snap. While he has shown the ability to do well in off-man coverage and in zone coverage, his best trait is his ability to excel in press-man coverage.

Beal has the hip fluidity to mirror his receivers’ routes, especially when he’s lined up directly on them. He also has the straight-line speed to match up athletically with a lot of wide receivers: he has an All-American track star in high school.

It's hard to find good tape on him. But from what I've seen I would put in a 3rd round pick for him. Some early mocks had him going in the 1st round of next years draft. But I can't find enough tape to justify that myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Beal to the Giants and Alexander to the Redskins. I'm really curious to see what picks we offered, if any.

it sounds like there are 3 groups and then by round pick your willing to give up.  in our case The giants sucked more than KC so for a 3rd round pick we never got a chance because he never made it to us.  Similar to a waiver wire type thing.

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

it sounds like there are 3 groups and then by round pick your willing to give up.  in our case The giants sucked more than KC so for a 3rd round pick we never got a chance because he never made it to us.  Similar to a waiver wire type thing.

Yeah but teams typically send in a bid IIRC. So even though we had no chance in the 3rd or later, if we had put in a bid in the 3rd+, we could find out.

Archived