2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

Ronaldo missing his PK relieved a ton of pressure for Messi.  Nigeria's playing style is also perfect for him.  I thought this game was going to be a rout due to those two things and it looks like it will end up that way if the game keeps going how it has been.

27 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Could you imagine being this Argentina keeper who's making his first appearance in this match? That would require some mental fortitude. 

Not if you go in with the mindset that you can't be any worse than Willy lol

Just now, PAW said:

Not if you go in with the mindset that you can't be any worse than Willy lol

I think it probably does help following someone who's just has a complete howler. Expectations are as low as they'll ever be.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

I missed, did the swap the goalie out? FIFA. if not, needs to adopt better concussion protocols, because they didn't have time to really check.

I dont think he was really concussed. I think he just had a cut on the side of his head. Could definitely be wrong though. 

Completely agree about concussions not be treated properly though. The way the Amarbat concussion from Morocco was handled was disgusting. 

Keepers should just be required to wear a soft helmet (ie: Cech). They are never going to head the ball, they are at risk for feet/knees to the head, as we just saw, and it isn't feasible to bring them off the field for concussion checks. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I dont think he was really concussed. I think he just had a cut on the side of his head. Could definitely be wrong though. 

Completely agree about concussions not be treated properly though. The way the Amarbat concussion from Morocco was handled was disgusting. 

What happened on that one?  I was watching the Portugal/Iran game since I had more on the line.

7 minutes ago, PAW said:

What happened on that one?  I was watching the Portugal/Iran game since I had more on the line.

It was the first game of the group against Iran. I think he took a kick to the head and then the Moroccan doctors were literally just slapping his face and he played the rest of the match and then played the next game against Portugal.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

The seems like a high kick foul to me. I'd understand a yellow and PK

Agreed. Even if it's not a yellow, he was holding the Nigerian player, that is one that I would say was missed and that Argentina got lucky with that.

Archived