2018 FIFA World Cup Group E & Group F

LeeEvans

From what I've seen the last two world cups is that Neymar is the reason that Brazil does poorly. Some of it is because, as people have said, he goes down if you look at him wrong and he cries about everything, so there is no flow in the game. The other part is that Brazil thinks that they have to run everything through him because he is so great, and they just basically play one person soccer.  When you have player like Coutinho and Firmino and other players on the team who are amazing players, when it just gets stuck on Neymar, you are doing the whole squad a disservice.

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

From what I've seen the last two world cups is that Neymar is the reason that Brazil does poorly. Some of it is because, as people have said, he goes down if you look at him wrong and he cries about everything, so there is no flow in the game. The other part is that Brazil thinks that they have to run everything through him because he is so great, and they just basically play one person soccer.  When you have player like Coutinho and Firmino and other players on the team who are amazing players, when it just gets stuck on Neymar, you are doing the whole squad a disservice.

There were a couple times where I was thinking to myself that Brazil would run much more smoothly if Coutinho was the one pulling the strings. I dont necessarily think diving is as much of the issue but more his insistence on standing on the ball and trying to dribble past too many players when, as you said, hes got loads of players around him. I dont really think Brazil force the ball to him in the same way that Argentina do with Messi but it's a similar problem. 

I think Neymar needs to just stay further forward and mix in some runs behind his fullback. I think he did it once today and he almost scored a goal because of it. The defending fullbacks only have to worry what's in front of them and it's easier to defend. 

8 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I am for players displaying passion & caring about international football.

I'd definitely rather see that than indifference. I thought it was a little much to basically break down sobbing after the second group stage game but whatever, it's far from the worse thing about him haha.

7 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I'd definitely rather see that than indifference. I thought it was a little much to basically break down sobbing after the second group stage game but whatever, it's far from the worse thing about him haha.

I'm all about showing pride and passion, but with Neymar it comes across as false.

This is the same guy who is all about the money and ego when it comes to club football.

Archived