2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Signing Ennis helps a lot.  He's not as good defensively as Ariza or LRMM, but he's passable.  If Houston does sign Carmelo and they're smart about this, they'll be okay.

CP3
Harden
Ennis
Tucker
Capela

Gordon
Carmelo
Green
Nene

They'll be incredible offensively again, but expect a solid step back defensively.

we will be worse defensively.  ennis isnt a starter on a title contending team.  

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Signing Ennis helps a lot.  He's not as good defensively as Ariza or LRMM, but he's passable.  If Houston does sign Carmelo and they're smart about this, they'll be okay.

CP3
Harden
Ennis
Tucker
Capela

Gordon
Carmelo
Green
Nene

They'll be incredible offensively again, but expect a solid step back defensively.

I think Melton will make the rotation due to his defensive prowess as well. Can't forget about Gary Clark. Probably won't see the minutes but he could fill in for LRMAM.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I think Melton will make the rotation due to his defensive prowess as well. Can't forget about Gary Clark. Probably won't see the minutes but he could fill in for LRMAM.

i think the final spot will go to melton.  you have to shoot in this offense as a guard.  if melton can somehow improve his jump shot then i could possibly see him being in the rotation.  i think clark will be g-league bound.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i think the final spot will go to melton.  you have to shoot in this offense as a guard.  if melton can somehow improve his jump shot then i could possibly see him being in the rotation.  i think clark will be g-league bound.

MCW is going to be in your rotation..................shooting..............hmm.........

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

i sure as hell hope not.  if he getting minutes for us then this signing would be even more stupid.

LIS, I think Melton will make the rotation due to his defensive prowess. There will be enough shooting in certain lineups around him that he won't be a negative.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

harden and paul would make him better if he in the lineup than westbrook and george.

certainly true. much better playmaking around him, they would be great for him. but melo wouldn't be good for the rockets. 

i don't see how any lineups with him and harden could be viable defensively, for instance

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

certainly true. much better playmaking around him, they would be great for him. but melo wouldn't be good for the rockets. 

i don't see how any lineups with him and harden could be viable defensively, for instance

harden wasnt that bad defensively playing with cp3.  i hope cp3 could somehow get melo to try defensively like he did with harden.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

harden wasnt that bad defensively playing with cp3.  i hope cp3 could somehow get melo to try defensively like he did with harden.

see now you're getting into wishful thinking. a lineup with harden and melo is getting torn apart by good offensive teams. CP can only do so much. losing ariza was big

sorry m8, i assume you're a rockets fan? they've gotten worse, even if Melo comes in. and it doesn't matter anyway. KD broke this league 2 summers ago

2 minutes ago, persiandud said:

see now you're getting into wishful thinking. a lineup with harden and melo is getting torn apart by good offensive teams. CP can only do so much. losing ariza was big

sorry m8, i assume you're a rockets fan? they've gotten worse, even if Melo comes in. and it doesn't matter anyway. KD broke this league 2 summers ago

yeah i was agreeing with your last sentence.  this offseason was a fail.  the team had everything going for them last season but unfortunately cp3 being hurt ruined their shot at a title.  i doubt rockets will be this good next season.  it sucks.

34 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah i was agreeing with your last sentence.  this offseason was a fail.  the team had everything going for them last season but unfortunately cp3 being hurt ruined their shot at a title.  i doubt rockets will be this good next season.  it sucks.

yea you guys got close, but i don't see enough rockets fans admitting that the Dubs didn't have Iguodala for....what was it...5 games? 

that series ends in 5 most likely if Iggy is healthy. this league is broken, man. makes me sad. 

Archived