Training Camp 2018 discussion

Danand

I don't think Yanda will be moved to center. He will most likely (as he should) continue as RG which is his strongest position where he can help both a new OC and RT. Bozeman got some notes, but I believe he will never flash much in practice drills. The guy is a somewhat stable but completely unspectacular option at OC, which sometimes is enough. If he can be the intelligent clog in the middle like a Matt Birk, I believe that is his ceiling.

All I saw from Skura last year was less than impressive, but whether either Bozeman, Shakir, Siragusa whomever can put together a strong enough training camp to jump him on the roster is still doubtful.

i'm expecting the starting line come Sep to be Stanley-Hurst-Lewis-Yanda-Brown.

Lewis from what i read did good at C and Siragusa still has a long way to being back at 100%.
Hope Brown keeps his drive through his rookie season even when he'll most likely get beat early and often as he'll face premier pass rushers. baptism by fire.

Unfortunately it seems once again our oline is the unit which struggles the most. I hope it is just because of the oline shuffle, and the unit will begin to gel once the coaching staff settles for a lineup.

If Brown start the season at RT, we have to expect the premier pass rushers sometimes will run right by him. The most important thing is he don't drop those hands and get to use his long arms to get a final push on the pass rushers

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Unfortunately it seems once again our oline is the unit which struggles the most. I hope it is just because of the oline shuffle, and the unit will begin to gel once the coaching staff settles for a lineup.

If Brown start the season at RT, we have to expect the premier pass rushers sometimes will run right by him. The most important thing is he don't drop those hands and get to use his long arms to get a final push on the pass rushers

Best thing we can do to help Brown is to chip a TE and force pass rushers to run straight into him.

40 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Best thing we can do to help Brown is to chip a TE and force pass rushers to run straight into him.

Yup, I doubt they will be able to have success with bullrushes against him. It takes some Aaron Donald/Geno Atkins burst and leverage to bullrush him.

Archived