Training Camp 2018 discussion

Danand

23 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I've seen it in a couple of highlights now, but is anyone else concerned with Jackson's deep ball? Looks like he's prone to throw some clunkers/wobblers vs the nice tight spirals you see from Joe.

I was going to point this out as well - his deep really looks like a duck. But you know what, that can and probably will improve.

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I've seen it in a couple of highlights now, but is anyone else concerned with Jackson's deep ball? Looks like he's prone to throw some clunkers/wobblers vs the nice tight spirals you see from Joe.

yea almost every long ball ive seen would 9/10 times be picked off if there were actual nfl caliber dbs back there. I dont know who #33 is but I doubt he makes the team

Spiraling the football is ideal, but not a necessity. Andrew Luck has a lot of wobble to his throws too. Obviously Jackson will never be Andrew Luck or an elite thrower of the football period, but not having the tightest toss isn't a big concern. Also it isn't a weakness that shows up on Lamar's tape, merely not a strength. That throw in particular was just quacked, luckily though Las was out there playing Duck Hunt.

Hayden Hurst is going to drop a few passes. If he didn't, that would make him the greatest pass catcher of all time. He missed a couple practices, was dealing with something, it doesn't surprise me that he's had a slow and uneven return. He'll bounce back. Just as other players this camp have.

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Spiraling the football is ideal, but not a necessity. Andrew Luck has a lot of wobble to his throws too. Obviously Jackson will never be Andrew Luck or an elite thrower of the football period, but not having the tightest toss isn't a big concern. Also it isn't a weakness that shows up on Lamar's tape, merely not a strength. That throw in particular was just quacked, luckily though Las was out there playing Duck Hunt.

Hayden Hurst is going to drop a few passes. If he didn't, that would make him the greatest pass catcher of all time. He missed a couple practices, was dealing with something, it doesn't surprise me that he's had a slow and uneven return. He'll bounce back. Just as other players this camp have.

Maybe not the best example to use there, considering how many INT's Luck throws.

27 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

So do we think all of this talk about Chris Moore is just camp talk or is he gonna emerge as a real asset this year? He looked decent last year. 

I don't think it is, everything we're hearing matches up with what we saw last year. It seems he's turned a corner in his development and now he can offer much more than just STs value. I see him as our new Jacoby Jones, an explosive 4th or 5th option in the passing game (1.Boldin 2.Smith 3.Pitta 4.Rice 5.Jacoby)-(1.Crabtree 2.Brown. 3.Snead 4. Hurst 5.Moore), and STs ace. 

With even more upside as well. John Brown is on a one year contract, and it isn't hard to see Moore replacing him on the depth chart next year. I'm excited, he just might be the first mid round WR to actually develop. 

Praise of Moore has carried from OTAs to now without dropping off. Engram was championing him hard early and it seems he wasn't wrong. Moore has dedicated himself to improving and it's paid off. I can't wait to watch him in these preseason games, he should flash big time.

Off-topic rant: I'm tired of seeing people talking about the Ravens in fantasy and talking about Alex Collins. I don't understand how anyone who actually watched him can question his talent as a runner. The only downside is fumbles and questionable hands. The kid looked amazing last year and you could just tell he was different than our other guys.

15 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Off-topic rant: I'm tired of seeing people talking about the Ravens in fantasy and talking about Alex Collins. I don't understand how anyone who actually watched him can question his talent as a runner. The only downside is fumbles and questionable hands. The kid looked amazing last year and you could just tell he was different than our other guys.

The issue shouldn't be toward Collins. Ofc everyone can be a one year wonder, but at least give him a chance to prove otherwise.

The lesson however is, that it is usually a bad move to draft offense from Ravens. The points you get is too sporadic.

Just now, Danand said:

The issue shouldn't be toward Collins. Ofc everyone can be a one year wonder, but at least give him a chance to prove otherwise.

The lesson however is, that it is usually a bad move to draft offense from Ravens. The points you get is too sporadic.

Yep even last year with Collins, Buck Allen was consistently putting up points while Collins was boom or bust (I know because I had both of them).

His last 9 games (standard) went:

For a not top tier RB I think that's pretty damn good. I just think he's underrated as a talent in most people eyes (fantasy & not fantasy) because of his draft capital and the fact that he was cut. He passed the eye and paper test in my opinion last year. Plus that was all without our big hog up front.

Archived