Where to pick this year's rookie running backs?

NcFinest9erFan

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d take most on that list before the significant majority of rookie RBs. 

Edit: in a redrafter league. 

The last 5 i'm not a fan of and think most rookies can easily match their 2018 output. The others aren't exactly getting loads of touches either

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Mixon scares me because he was horribly inefficient AND wasn't used that well either. Also I think Lamar Miller will be fighting off D'Onta alot though

Agreed regarding Miller.  Only a matter of time there.  May have to wait until 2nd half of the year but as a draft and stash that could pay off big time if Foreman does play well and is healthy.

Mixon should be better this year based on slightly better OL play, a nice workload, and talent.  They will make an effort to get him the ball like they did towards the end of last year.  His efficiency will still be poor like Melvin Gordon but workload should keep value high as it has for Gordon.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Agreed regarding Miller.  Only a matter of time there.  May have to wait until 2nd half of the year but as a draft and stash that could pay off big time if Foreman does play well and is healthy.

Mixon should be better this year based on slightly better OL play, a nice workload, and talent.  They will make an effort to get him the ball like they did towards the end of last year.  His efficiency will still be poor like Melvin Gordon but workload should keep value high as it has for Gordon.

Where you would have to take Foreman would be well worth the risk too. 

On 7/14/2018 at 2:47 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Outside of Barkley, where would you guys pick the rest of the crew?

Penny?

Freeman?

Guice?

Ronald Jones?

I'm very likely taking Barkley in the 1st, makes me a little more risk adverse on the later rookies.  But, if I didn't go that route:

-I'm taking Guice in the 4th if he's there and extremely happy about it.  He's a beast and I'm not all that concerned about CT eating his carries.  I strongly believe that the Redskins are going to protect him after that nasty injury and keep him regulated to pass catching and special teams duties.  No need to pound him between the tackles.  Redskins have an under appreciated offensive line and Guice is a better pass catcher than I think people give him credit for.  Angry with a chip on his shoulder from the draft,  I see Guice being a big impact player this year.  Also, the other backs on the Redskins are chumps....

-Jones is electric, but something smells in Tampa Bay to me this year.  I'm staying away from all Bucs this year (unless Evans has a ridiculous slide).  I just don't have a warm and fuzzy on their QB or RB situation.  As to Jones, I want to like him, but I don't see him as a grinder and TB actually has a really good satellite back in Sims.  I loved Jones in college, but I don't like the fit there. 

Honestly, I can see Jones being released and TB going all in on Freeman.  If that happens, I'll be a buyer. 

-Not buying Penny at his price this year.  I owned a variety of Seahawks RBs last year... Not doing that again.  Maybe ever...   Anyways, until that offensive line gets fixed, I want no part of a Seattle RB.  Besides, reports are sing Carson's praises lately (though I don't really buy it).

-There's a lot of hype regarding this rookie class, though  Freeman seems often be forgotten.  Broncos are talking about full blown committee, so I get it.  However, I think I'm going to own him in a lot of leagues as one of my super late round flyers as he was a collegiate stud.  I have zero confidence that  Booker is doing ANYTHING this year.  Guy was given an opportunity and looked terrible, I don't see that changing.  If Freeman never takes the RB lead, then I lost very little.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:53 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Where you would have to take Foreman would be well worth the risk too. 

ADP is 9th round in 12 team leagues.  I'd like to have him as my RB 5 where I could stash him at the end of my bench but if you had 3 solid RB's (I like to start 3 RB's in my .5 ppr league) and you took a flyer as your RB 4 then you could probably be somewhat comfortable with that.  I think at least if you needed him in a pinch (flex spot) earlier then expected he could be a TD vulture as I think HOU should have one of the better offenses in football.  Even if he get limited touches between the 20's TD's could save his value early on. 

I'll likely have 4 safer RB's on my squad and look for a guy like him for the end of my bench for the 2nd half of the year.

You like his value in the 9th?

History of Achilles injuries in RBs is terrible...not saying foreman can’t make it back, but history and it being later in the year last year makes me think PUP list for Foreman to start year st the least,

If that’s the case, Miller has decent value as a RB2 thank you can get in the 5th round...which is great especially if you lean towards going TE early in drafts this year like myself.

Miller is like Kyle Rudolph or Larry Fitzgerald...no one wants them but they provide value.

Archived