Gabe Rivera

brooks1957

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sad to see Rivera pass away.

Should’ve drafted Dan Marino over Rivera. If they had, the Steelers may have 2 or 3 more Super Bowls right now. I still can’t believe the Steelers passed on Marino, and never will.

I never followed the draft back then but it must have been such a shock when they passed on Marino.  They thought they had their QB of the future in Malone :S Considering Marino was from Pitt, it has to one of the draft picks that anyone can remember. People still talk about this,  and would it happen today with our FO?

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I never followed the draft back then but it must have been such a shock when they passed on Marino.  They thought they had their QB of the future in Malone :S Considering Marino was from Pitt, it has to one of the draft picks that anyone can remember. People still talk about this,  and would it happen today with our FO?

Marino fell because of rumors he was a weed smoker and major party guy at Pitt. He fell all the way to the Dolphins. If had fallen to the Redskins, the Redskins were going to take Marino over Darrell Green.

Archived