Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

*Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!* the old man runs to a bell hanging from fencepost and starts wailing on it

****DING DING DING DING DING DING DING***

*Its starting folks! It’s starting!!!* 

Dozens, if not a hundred people seemingly showed up out of nowhere, the filtered in from all sides and began filling the stands. Bookies were taking bets, vendors somehow had food and concessions ready to be served, jovial music played from a band that had set up at the bottom of the stadium seating

The old man began ushering the group towards the starting blocks. The four of you stood at the starting line, waiting for the starter pistol to signal the start of the race.

*No no, like this* the old man gets down on all fours to show you how a horse runs *Like a horse.*

@Malfatron @bucsfan333 @The Orca @Pickle Rick begrudgingly took to their hands and knees. The crowd was mostly seated now, their anticipation was palpable.

The old man raised the starter pistol, his hand reached for a lever........

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

<look to see what the lever might control, whether above or below me or otherwise>

You look up and see a wooden trap door.

The man pulled the lever at the same time he pulled the trigger. ***BANG***

Several yards of heavy, sticky mud fell from a trapdoor above the “horses”

*Lets see who’s strongest!!!* the old man was laughing like a maniac.

Takara was the first to crawl out of the pile of mud! (Strength 13 + 6) He took off towards the first turn!

Ahtahkahkoop was next! (Str 13+ 4) He was just behind Takara.

Steele was next (10+6) and was hot on the trail of the first two racers!

Bucs struggled with the first obstacle! (Str 1 + 0) But eventually he made his way out of the mud as well.

All four competitors rounded the corner towards the rings of fire!!

*GO! GO! GO!* the crowd was screaming!!!

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

<examines the rings of fire for any type of knowledge that I could gain to get past them, as I catch up to Takara

It looks like your standard ring of fire. Just gonna have to jump on through it!

Takara was first to the rings by 2 seconds! He jumped through as graceful a manhorse can and kept running (Dex 16+ 2)

Ahtahkahkoop was next! He tripped! He’s on fire! (Dex 1 + 4)

Steele caught him while he rolled out he fire! Steele caught his knee on the hoop and tumbled down, (Dex 10 + 0) he passed Ahtahkahkoop when he got up and kept running!

Bucs was last to reach the rings, he jumped through (Dex 8 + 6)  gained some ground on Steele. Bucs and Ahtahkahkoop are neck and neck at the rear!

The crowd is going BANANAS!!!!!!!!!

Takara was the first to reach the wagon obstacle course. He strapped on his harness and attached the wagon. He began to navigate the course at a good pace (athletic 15 +4)

Steele reached the wagons next! (9+3) slow and steady might not win this race!

Ahtahkahkoop and Bucs were bringing up the rear still!

Ahtahkahkoop stuck his leg out (Dex 17+4) and Bucs tried to jump over it (Dex 7 + 6) but fell! 

Koop hits the obstacle course first but couldn’t figure out his harness (Athletic 3 + 4)

bucs caught up and blazed past him! (11+3)

All four members were on the home stretch!

Takara finished first! Followed by Steele, then Bucs and finally Ahtahkahkoop!

The crowd went wild and cheered for Takara to make a speech or victory dance! 

The old man clapped and started walking towards you.

48 minutes ago, Dome said:

Ahtahkahkoop stuck his leg out (Dex 17+4) and Bucs tried to jump over it (Dex 7 + 6) but fell! 

Koop hits the obstacle course first but couldn’t figure out his harness (Athletic 3 + 4)

bucs caught up and blazed past him! (11+3)

All four members were on the home stretch!

Takara finished first! Followed by Steele, then Bucs and finally Ahtahkahkoop!

The crowd went wild and cheered for Takara to make a speech or victory dance! 

The old man clapped and started walking towards you.

<"I am the greatest!!!!"

tenor.gif?itemid=5628727

10 minutes ago, The Orca said:

<"I am the greatest!!!!"

tenor.gif?itemid=5628727

The old man hands you $2. 

*Here’s the winners share of the profits.*

He hands $1 to each of the other men. 

*And the participation prize for you three.*

He pulled the four of you in for a group hug, his voice shook and he fought back tears.

*Thank you boys so much, I haven’t seen this many people here in the stands for years! I can’t believe it! I don’t know what to say!* He stepped back and looked at you. *If it isn’t too much to ask, I have one more favor. If you are still set on trackin down Billy, please just hear him out. He’s a good man, I don’t know how he got himself in the trouble he has, but I KNOW he didn’t kill that boy. Please, don’t kill him.*

The old man patted you all on the back, and made his way over to the spectators and bookies.

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

<do a donkey kick to show off to the crowd<

Steele lined up a wooden barrel and unloaded his left leg on it (Athletics 14 + 3) and it shattered into a million pieces. The crowd cheered louder than before! The old man turned around with a smile and shimmer in his eye 

18 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

<Waives to the crowd as I limp away from the race track, walking up to Becky's fruit stand.  "One more question for you Sunshine, can you tell me what you know about the Gaskins?"

*You mean Billy? Id really rather not*

Archived