Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

13 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

<stops quickly and and backs up a bit and says through the partially opened door, "Ma'am I presume you are Grace. People call me Attika. Can I come in and talk to you.  You can keep that gun on me the whole time. I just want to talk to you and Billy."

*You best not let Billy catch you talkin to me! Seriously you all better get lost! Say who are you anyways? And how do you know my name?* 

1 hour ago, Dome said:

*You best not let Billy catch you talkin to me! Seriously you all better get lost! Say who are you anyways? And how do you know my name?* 

<"I'm new to town ma'am.  Met a sweet little thing, Becky, at the fruit stand.  We started talking and I asked her about this WANTED poster we saw on the way into town, it was for a cold blooded murrderer and a child kidnapper.  It sounded like a real dangerous man.  At the the time we were looking for the reward, but now I want to help clear Billy.  I am the only thing that stands between Billy and the hangman's noose.  Anything happens to me and there is no way on this here Earth that Billy lives to see another day.>

<Sits down against the wall>

<"Now Grace, I gave my word to Becky that I was going to clear Billy's name.  I can't do that if you fill my chest full of lead.  Me and my friend Bucs are out here in the hallway sitting down.  I'm gonna push the door open so I can see who I'm talking to.  No one is coming in, I just want to see you.  Is that alright?"

19 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

<"I'm new to town ma'am.  Met a sweet little thing, Becky, at the fruit stand.  We started talking and I asked her about this WANTED poster we saw on the way into town, it was for a cold blooded murrderer and a child kidnapper.  It sounded like a real dangerous man.  At the the time we were looking for the reward, but now I want to help clear Billy.  I am the only thing that stands between Billy and the hangman's noose.  Anything happens to me and there is no way on this here Earth that Billy lives to see another day.>

<Sits down against the wall>

<"Now Grace, I gave my word to Becky that I was going to clear Billy's name.  I can't do that if you fill my chest full of lead.  Me and my friend Bucs are out here in the hallway sitting down.  I'm gonna push the door open so I can see who I'm talking to.  No one is coming in, I just want to see you.  Is that alright?"

You start to open the door and Grace starts screaming at the top of her lungs.

*DONT YOU TAKE ANOTHER STEP I SWEAR ILL SHOOT YOU DEAD! BILLY’S COMING BACK! YOU HEAR ME?* she sounded hysterical. 

<"All right Grace nobody will come in.  I'm sitting down in front of the door, nobody is coming in, I promise you.  We also are not leaving. I gave my word to Becky and I'm gonna sit right here until Billy comes back.  I would really appreciate it if you would talk to me while we wait, is that something you can do, just talk?"

@Dome

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

<"All right Grace nobody will come in.  I'm sitting down in front of the door, nobody is coming in, I promise you.  We also are not leaving. I gave my word to Becky and I'm gonna sit right here until Billy comes back.  I would really appreciate it if you would talk to me while we wait, is that something you can do, just talk?"

@Dome

You try to calm Grace down. (Charisma 6+4) *Alright* she says. *I was getting lonely anyways, Billy has been gone for a long time.*

2 hours ago, Dome said:

You try to calm Grace down. (Charisma 6+4) *Alright* she says. *I was getting lonely anyways, Billy has been gone for a long time.*

"Thank you Grace, now let me tell you what I know.  Your brother was found dead at the Gaskin Ranch, you and Billy went missing leading the Sheriff to conclude that Billy killed your brother and kidnapped you.  Billy is now a wanted man with a bounty on his head.  That to me sounds like a wild story from a drunken Sheriff more than the truth, so can you please, please tell me what really happened?"

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

so can you please, please tell me what really happened?"

You try to convince Grace to open up (charisma 15+4)

Grace was hysterical again. *Billy didn't have a choice! Floyd was gonna tell ma and pa on us and we woulda been in trouble anyways! I made him! I told him too! Dumass Floyd could never keep his mouth shut anyways! Now you better GO! Billy's gonna come back and he'll kill you too!*

17 minutes ago, The Orca said:

<lights match and inspects the room/mine for something dead or interesting

Takara lights a match and looks around (20!+6) he sees a lantern and lights it. The whole passageway lights up, at the end of it you can see a partial collapse of the wall, under the rubble you can see two boots sticking out. 

+lantern

Bucs Inventory:
Lockpicking set (many uses)
Rope (many uses)
Throwing knives (unlocks ranged attacks, 3 knives, retrievable, +1 fighting)
$2.25

Steele Inventory:
Black Powder Rifle (Slow Reload, One Shot, Marksmanship Checks unlocked)
Bayonet (+1 Fighting Skill)
Gunpowder (Many uses)
Poison (Several uses)
$1.00

Takara Inventory:
Derringer Pistol (Marksman skill unlocked, Quick reload, 5 shots)
Sawed-Off Shotgun (Marksman skill unlocked, Slow reload, 4 shots, must be adjacent)
Monocle (+3 to anyone one Charisma check)
Whiskey (many uses)
Solvent (many uses)
Book of matches (many uses)
Lantern (many uses)
$4.50

Ahtahkahkoop Inventory:
Lever Action Rifle (Unlocks Marksmanship Checks, Quick reload, 3 shots)
Bear Trap (Multiple Uses)
Tomahawk (Roll Athletics Check for ranged attack, +1 added for Fighting Check)
Twine (many uses)
$1.50 

2 hours ago, Dome said:

You try to convince Grace to open up (charisma 15+4)

Grace was hysterical again. *Billy didn't have a choice! Floyd was gonna tell ma and pa on us and we woulda been in trouble anyways! I made him! I told him too! Dumass Floyd could never keep his mouth shut anyways! Now you better GO! Billy's gonna come back and he'll kill you too!*

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Has Rick asked if she knows where he is?

<"Hey Grace, can you tell me when the last time you saw Billy was and where he was headed?"

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

<"Hey Grace, can you tell me when the last time you saw Billy was and where he was headed?"

*I ain't tellin you ****! Soon as Billy gets back he's gonna kill you all! He'll be back! I don't care how long he's been gone! He'll be back!* Grace was hysterical again.

Archived