Is Russell Wilson on a HOF pace?

TecmoSuperJoe

9 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Oh you want to play that game? Okay, I like games.

Find me a QB that, played his first 4 seasons in the league with a #1 scoring defense, spent just 28% of his career with a non-top 3 scoring defense, and never had a below average scoring defense in his entire career.  He was only ever asked to throw the ball more than 40 times 8 times in his 7 year career, and of those 8 games, only won 2 of them. He is 43% more likely on any given play to be sacked than to throw a touchdown pass.(Clearly shows a huge flaw in his game) Has had 0 MVPs, 0 All-Pro selections whether it be 1st or 2nd team, lead the league in TDs once, and passer rating once, and none in everything else. Oh, and he lead the league in sack yardage, by losing almost 300 yards in sacks in a season. In the only year he lead the league in passer rating, if you take into account all of his plays and not just the times the ball leaves your hand, he lost 3 fumbles and was sacked on an astounding 8.5 Sack%, immensely diminishing his actual efficiency. He also threw an essentially game-losing INT in the Super Bowl. (Spoiler: It's Russel Wilson)

Sounds like the GOAT to me right? 

You still don't seem to be aware, but several other players have managed to win MVP's, and be recognized as the best QB in the league multiple times in their first 7 seasons. Not only has Wilson achieved neither of those, but he never was even a 2nd team All-Pro, so he was never recognized as a top 2 QB in the league. Hardly the GOAT first 7 seasons.

Is he a great QB? Yes. Is he on a HoF pace? Possibly, or even probably. Is this the GOAT first 7 seasons? Absolutely ******* not

As you once again couldn't give me a name.

Why ignore all those records and firsts?  Show me that QB who had a better first seven seasons and I'll show you, that no that isn't true.

Who?

2 hours ago, ZenoRazon said:

As you once again couldn't give me a name.

Why ignore all those records and firsts?  Show me that QB who had a better first seven seasons and I'll show you, that no that isn't true.

Who?

I showed you very clearly how poorly his career stands compared to others. I showed how it really isn't that impressive, and all of the downfalls that he has. He simply hasn't had that great of a first 7 years. He's been great, but not great relative to GOAT level QB's. 

10 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

I showed you very clearly how poorly his career stands compared to others. I showed how it really isn't that impressive, and all of the downfalls that he has. He simply hasn't had that great of a first 7 years. He's been great, but not great relative to GOAT level QB's. 

And I showed you numerous sites talking about just how special his first seven seasons have been.

Do me a favor, ok?  Give me the name of the QB who had a better first seven seasons. ok?  Toss out a name and let's see how it goes, ok?

Are you even reading any of those sites I showed you?

This QB..........had a better first seven seasons over Russell Wilson;

23 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

And I showed you numerous sites talking about just how special his first seven seasons have been.

Do me a favor, ok?  Give me the name of the QB who had a better first seven seasons. ok?  Toss out a name and let's see how it goes, ok?

Are you even reading any of those sites I showed you?

This QB..........had a better first seven seasons over Russell Wilson;

Seahawks websites saying that Wilson is great is not compelling evidence

It would be easier to mention all-time greats that DIDN'T have a better first 7 than Wilson. 

33 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Seahawks websites saying that Wilson is great is not compelling evidence

It would be easier to mention all-time greats that DIDN'T have a better first 7 than Wilson. 

Why can't you give me the name of any QB you think had a better first seven seasons?

What you won't find is anyone who played in more games, won more games, had a better passer rating.

You won't find one with a better TD/INT ratio.

You won't find one with more NFL records/firsts.

Prove that wrong?  Who did it better?  Where is that guy?

Why not cool the tap dance routine, give me a name then watch what happens to him.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:37 PM, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Obviously you have to take into account the era. It most definitely takes into account the turnover throws made, and determining what is your fault is quite the convoluted endeavor

Not really, it's just watching the film. A lot of times you can tell if a receiver ran the wrong route, had the ball slip through their hands, etc. We have advanced metrics that do that now. No, they're not perfect, but ones like DVOA still takes out passer rating.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:08 PM, ZenoRazon said:

How about this then....

I saw Montana play at ND, Marino at Pitt, Elway at Stanford, hell....Staubach at Navy, and everyone after them at their college.  Saw their rookie NFL seasons. Saw Tom Brady at Serra HS.  From what I have actually seen, watched, the best QB right out of the gate as a pro.....Russell Wilson. He was better in college, his first seven pro seasons far superior if looking at stats.

Will that work?

Wilson has been doing things never seen before, he's doing things unlike anybody else.

If you simply stated Wilson is the best you've ever seen, and leave it at that, it would sound more plausible to me than trying to objectively prove that Wilson has had the most successful first 7 seasons or whatever. Because that can't be proven. It can't be proven about any player.

Just now, ZenoRazon said:

Rogers played in 43 lesser games.

How about a guy who didn't sit on the bench learning from an all time great.

Wilson walked right in and took over.

BUT...if it takes an Aaron Rodgers, ok cool.

Games has nothing to do with it. You said, and I quote, 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:
12 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

You won't find one with a better TD/INT ratio.

There are no qualifiers there, so stop moving the goalpost. I found one. There ya go. Didn't even look very hard. You were wrong. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If you simply stated Wilson is the best you've ever seen, and leave it at that, it would sound more plausible to me than trying to objectively prove that Wilson has had the most successful first 7 seasons or whatever. Because that can't be proven. It can't be proven about any player.

Sure it can, just look at wins, playoff success, stats, NFL records/firsts.  Actually it's real easy.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Games has nothing to do with it. You said, and I quote, 

There are no qualifiers there, so stop moving the goalpost. I found one. There ya go. Didn't even look very hard. You were wrong. 

Well if you think there is no difference in a rookie coming in playing 16 games every season vs a guy who sat on a bench his first three seasons, ok.

I did assume..................

1 minute ago, ZenoRazon said:

Well if you think there is no difference in a rookie coming in playing 16 games every season vs a guy who sat on a bench his first three seasons, ok.

I did assume..................

Just admit you were incorrect and move on. 

Archived