Astros acquire Roberto Osuna from the Blue Jays

JammerHammer21

9 minutes ago, mse326 said:

That's not waking up to the DV discount. Nothing in there about the price paid.

While true, he indirectly is attacking it by criticizing the Astros for trading for Osuna. Even if people aren't getting the econ lesson spelled out in rigorous detail, the negative PR if this article becomes common should start to influence baseball's thinking.

Deleted the banning from baseball because we're in agreement, not to take anything you said out of context.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

While true, he indirectly is attacking it by criticizing the Astros for trading for Osuna. Even if people aren't getting the econ lesson spelled out in rigorous detail, the negative PR if this article becomes common should start to influence baseball's thinking.

Deleted the banning from baseball because we're in agreement, not to take anything you said out of context.

I've read it twice now and I'm not picking up on that undertone even indirectly. Basically is against trading (or employing) someone accused of DV (at least if he feels there is enough evidence). I don't think this article would be any different even if the prospects traded were proper baseball value.

I agree that if these type articles are written more and become more widespread the PR will start to prevent trades, but that isn't the same as closing the DV discount even if they end in the same place.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

While true, he indirectly is attacking it by criticizing the Astros for trading for Osuna. Even if people aren't getting the econ lesson spelled out in rigorous detail, the negative PR if this article becomes common should start to influence baseball's thinking. Deleted the banning from baseball because we're in agreement, not to take anything you said out of context.

I didnt/dont know anything about this guy or the altercation thats pending legal resolution, but.....
Depending on the graphic nature of the pictures - or the specific details of the assault - the stink wont leave this guy.

Ray Rice was adjudicated - till the image of him cold cocking his GF went viral. He was done professionally after that. 
Greg Hardy got a second chance with Dallas. The images of his encounter werent as graphic and he'd played the legal system to a stalemate - but the story of the encounter read like some sort of horror flick....and his public image never recovered. It was okay for him to be vicious on the football field - but once it became clear he was a vicious human being.....he was done professionally.

If pics of this pitcher's GF go public as consequence of the pending legal matters - the public will render its verdict and it probably wont go well for the ball player.

Archived