What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, megatechpc said:

Ray Lewis was the last defensive player to win a SB MVP is what I was saying there.

What? There have been three since he did it....

Dexter Jackson

Von Miller

Malcolm Smith...

Obviously I'm comparing to Von Miller here so he doesn't count, but I must've been a little more drunk than normal last night because I totally missed Malcolm Smith in 2014 (facepalm).  Dexter Jackson was a Safety though while Miller, Mack, and Lewis are all LB's (and since I missed Smith obviously I just made a mistake).  I've clarified my response above.

Oh, and clearly the Bears valued Mack as highly as you guys seem to considering the ridiculous amount of draft capital and $$$ they've just spent on the guy.  I think you can guess how I view this trade; its utter madness for the Bears (pass rusher wasn't even a huge position of need for them) and I really think over the course of the next 5 years or so the Raiders will be far better off for it (just spending $90 million guaranteed on a pass rusher alone would've almost ensured that they could never fix any of the glaring holes on their roster).  Now the Raiders have 4 first round picks over the next two years and any good GM could easily parlay that into a roster overhaul that could set the team up for years and years. 

Sure the outlook for this season is now bleak, but as Gruden himself said, they finished 6-10 last year with Mack so they don't need him on the roster costing $90 million guaranteed to finish 6-10 again.  Obviously the team needs to rebuild around Carr as the foundation and Gruden decided that spending that kind of money on a LB would pretty much prohibit them from filling all the holes they have in so many other areas.

Meanwhile the Bears now have the supposedly BEST defensive player in the NFL (he better be considering he's the highest paid) but I truly wonder how much of a difference he will really make?  We will just have to see, but you Mack fanatics will not be able to the use the "He has no help" argument anymore, and if the Bears don't massively improve this year over last season I will be here to remind you all of how overrated I personally thought Mack was all along (I'll happily eat crow though if they make a strong run through the post season, don't worry).

Lol, I'm telling ya'll, he better have like 18 sacks this year to be even remotely worth $90 million AND 2 first round draft picks!

Archived