What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Good question.

Here are some. Jets traded Keyshawn to the Buccs for a 13th and 27th.

Saints traded Rocky Williams for two first round picks.

Those are the only two I can think of. It’s rare. Big name players get traded but it’s rarely for two first round picks.

Should be noted that the Williams trade involved a conditional pick that happened to become a first, similar to the Jeff George trade. 

Johnson was straight up two firsts. Other than that, I've got nothing. Person before that could have been Dickerson for all I know (I think the Walker trade only gathered multiple firsts because of the conditions)

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Should be noted that the Williams trade involved a conditional pick that happened to become a first, similar to the Jeff George trade. 

Johnson was straight up two firsts. Other than that, I've got nothing. Person before that could have been Dickerson for all I know (I think the Walker trade only gathered multiple firsts because of the conditions)

So it’s basically unprecented. Revis was traded for a 1st and a 4th but he was coming off ACL surgery. But at that time, Revis was an all pro and people likely forecasted him to be a HoF. He likely gets in at some point. 

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

So it’s basically unprecented. Revis was traded for a 1st and a 4th but he was coming off ACL surgery. But at that time, Revis was an all pro and people likely forecasted him to be a HoF. He likely gets in at some point. 

Used to happen a bit in the 70s. Plunkett was traded for three first, John hadl and Roman Gabriel each for two firsts I think. There's like nothing in modern times though.

Cornelius Bennett/Dickerson, George, Walker, Johnson and Williams

21 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Now onto the main reason I came into this thread.

You are definatly one of those people who just say things that differ from the majority just for the sake of trying to be different. And you're trying way too hard.

Dude, why not post the whole quote?  I said that he is a superstar DE and that nobody is going to be able to find a DE near as good with a first round pick.  My personal opinion about him being overrated is much more to do with the fawning media (and the narrative they have when they decide which great players are THE superstars to hype and which are not) than it is to do with Mack himself.  The guy is great, no question, and I'd love to see him on the Falcons roster.  I just don't think he deserves quite the amount of massive media hype that he gets, that's all.

31 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Dude, why not post the whole quote?  I said that he is a superstar DE and that nobody is going to be able to find a DE near as good with a first round pick.  My personal opinion about him being overrated is much more to do with the fawning media (and the narrative they have when they decide which great players are THE superstars to hype and which are not) than it is to do with Mack himself.  The guy is great, no question, and I'd love to see him on the Falcons roster.  I just don't think he deserves quite the amount of massive media hype that he gets, that's all.

I didn't quote the whole post because quite frankly I stopped reading it right there.

The media fed narrative among certain players do exist. No argument there.

But that theory only applies to players who are undeserving of the amount of media attention they receive based on their career performance and Mack does NOT fit into that category. He has earned and deserves every bit of media praise he receives. The man is already on pace to be a future HoF. At this point, all he has to do is add longevity and keep that line from dropping to epic levels.

Legit question. What part of his career performance and achievements do you feel (edit) is not deserving? 

Archived