What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Bears aren't known for hitting on first round picks over the last 10-15 years. We got Trubisky and Roquan in back to back drafts, I'm not betting on getting a 3rd high upside guy in a row. I will happily depart with 2 firsts if I can negotiate a deal prior to the trade being finalized.

The Bears are also known for not being able to develop QB's either over the last 30 years too. (Since we're just gonna throw every GM/coach that we have ever had into a single box).  Does that mean you don't trust Trubisky's development and we should find a replacement for him too? Which leaves us with a future HoF pass-rusher and team still searching for a QB - ala Cutler.

I like you Suga. You're one of the very few level-headed Bears fans on this site. But you're logic and reasoning here is flawed and very short-sighted. No offense man. I also read your post your in the Bears forum and I'll address this more tomorrow when I'm not working and we can continue this discussion there if you want.

Now onto the main reason I came into this thread.

1 hour ago, megatechpc said:

I think Mack is overrated

You are definatly one of those people who just say things that differ from the majority just for the sake of trying to be different. And you're trying way too hard.

It's hard to say, because you're obviously not just trading for Mack who is a phenomenal talent on the field...you're also trading for an impending contract that is the biggest on your entire defense, or possibly your entire team.  That hurts the potential value.  A Lot.

As a player, he's worth a fortune in trade.  But as a contract, he's a much tougher sell, worth significantly less.  You're going to be locked into him as The Cornerstone of your defense for the next half-dozen years, with no real cost-flexibility to do anything else in free agency.  What's that worth?  Is he legitimately so good that he's going to be the cornerstone to a great defense for years to come?  He didn't make that Raiders defense great overall.

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Now onto the main reason I came into this thread.

You are definatly one of those people who just say things that differ from the majority just for the sake of trying to be different. And you're trying way too hard.

I don't understand at this point why he would be "overrated" unless you're calling him like "easily the best defensive player in football", which would be a stretch because there are  bunch of deserving guys there. Is it because his sack numbers aren't like incredibly eye popping? I'm confused.

He's not worth 2 1st Rd picks Plus a $100+ M contract IMO. If a team was stupid enough to actually make that offer, I'd trade him faster then you could hang up the phone.

This has a Cousins/Redskins type feel to it. Learn from it and get something, anything while you can. Maybe someone actually bites??

9 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I've said that I think Mack is overrated but he's definitely a superstar DE that can get 15 sacks a year if he's motivated.  I could certainly see shipping a #1 pick to Oakland for a guy like that since its unlikely you're going to draft a better pass rusher in next year's draft.  I definitely wouldn't even consider the two 1st rounders the Raiders seem to want for him though (and you also have to factor in the fact that you are still going to pay him ridiculous $$$ to show up).

You've already admitted to not really watching Raider games, but you know that Mack is overrated?  You either just dont like the Raiders or youre looking for attention, not sure which one it is yet. 

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's not worth 2 1st Rd picks Plus a $100+ M contract IMO. If a team was stupid enough to actually make that offer, I'd trade him faster then you could hang up the phone.

This has a Cousins/Redskins type feel to it. Learn from it and get something, anything while you can. Maybe someone actually bites??

It depends on the team, GB’s first and NO’s first are likely in the back end of the round. 

If it’s a team like the Jets. I think it would be a mistake. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Quite frankly I would be shocked. 

It would be a surprise for sure.  The Raiders now know what the market is, but they still have plenty of leverage.  Mack would basically have to sit out two seasons(at least) to become a free agent.  He is under contract this year and would easily be tagged next year if they cant come to an agreement.  

Again, I think it all depends on what the Raider FO was waiting on. If they weren't afraid of giving that type of salary and were just waiting for a baseline, I'd be shocked if he were traded. Now the talks can truly begin in earnest. 

If they were balking at the prospect of paying him this type of money from the start, and now it's the market as established by Donald, I wouldn't be shocked. They'd basically have to throw the gauntlet down on him with the franchise tag leverage. Problem with that is that its not an ideal look for players you may want to acquire in the future. It doesn't reflect well. At that point, I don't know if they want to play that game with a franchise player, so I wouldn't be shocked if he was traded in this instance. 

Archived