NBA 2K19

showtime

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I've got Hustle Rebounder, Defensive Stopper, Bruiser and Rim Protector up to Gold.  Hustle Rebounder is maxed out for me, DS, Bruiser and RP are all about 50% to HOF at this point.  I also have Silver Chasedown Artist and about 50% towards Gold on that one, I've been concentrating on that one in practice because its hard to level in game.  I believe I also have the steal ball badge up to Silver, can't remember what its called, but that one is hard to level too.  The practice mini game for the steal badge is impossible as a big, so I find myself just swatting at the cpu continuously in my NBA games trying to level it. 

Pick pocket.  That badge is super easy to get as a guard.  I average about 8 steals a game on my pure shot creator.  When the PG is bringing the ball up the court, you just run at the hand he's holding the ball with and swipe at it.  Sometimes he'll do a quick cross over move and run by you, but other times you'll knock the ball out of his hands.  In this animation, you almost never get fouls called on you.  But you're a center, so it's probably a lot harder to grind that badge than it is for a guard.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Pick pocket.  That badge is super easy to get as a guard.  I average about 8 steals a game on my pure shot creator.  When the PG is bringing the ball up the court, you just run at the hand he's holding the ball with and swipe at it.  Sometimes he'll do a quick cross over move and run by you, but other times you'll knock the ball out of his hands.  In this animation, you almost never get fouls called on you.  But you're a center, so it's probably a lot harder to grind that badge than it is for a guard.

Ya I don't have a lot of guys dribbling face up in front of me.  Either they are posting up or just holding the ball before passing.  If I swipe at them like that I pick up fouls too quickly.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya I don't have a lot of guys dribbling face up in front of me.  Either they are posting up or just holding the ball before passing.  If I swipe at them like that I pick up fouls too quickly.

Do you watch YouTube videos to find methods for a defensive center?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

No.  What methods?  I'm pretty good at positioning for rebounds and switching on screens on defense. 

There are countless videos on YouTube that show you how to grind for certain badges or if you want to gain a ton of XP per match.  For example, I'm playing with my pure playmaker, so all these things people are doing with the alley-oop method, spamming 3's, etc doesn't work for me.  So I found this guy, who is also a pure playmaker and here's an example of a method video:

Just now, showtime said:

There are countless videos on YouTube that show you how to grind for certain badges or if you want to gain a ton of XP per match.  For example, I'm playing with my pure playmaker, so all these things people are doing with the alley-oop method, spamming 3's, etc doesn't work for me.  So I found this guy, who is also a pure playmaker and here's an example of a method video:

Oh no.  I don't really concentrate on leveling up, I usually just play a bunch of MyPark.

I made this guy when the game first came out, but I shelved him for the time being because I wasn't sure if I wanted a more aggressive scorer or a pure playmaker.  I started today with Bronze badges or no badges for everything in the pic.  Right now got three golds.  Playing on hall of fame getting at least 30 assist per game, I sim out at half with around 17 or so.  This build is going to be killer with hall of fame ankle breaker and all those passing badges.

LynV9JL.jpg

1 hour ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Anyone on Xbox able to help me here?

I can't get on the Auction House for MyTeam yet. I'm curious what these cards are worth.

I have the Jerry West (This Day In History) and the Heat Check card for Greek Freak.

What are they worth MT wise??

There's probably a database online somewhere that keeps up with values of cards.  Similar to MUT Head's website for Madden's Ultimate Team.  I have over 10 packs in MyTeam just sitting there.  I've never even went to the tab to see what anything is.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

My Park record was like 3-2 or something like that, I'm not sure.  But when I stopped playing my record is now around 3-21 lol.

I was playing 3's with a bunch of randoms, but I can't really shoot well with my Pure Playmaker, so I was making some bad passes/bad decisions.  Also, some people just shoot every time they get the ball.  My problem is, I don't shoot enough.  I'm so non-aggressive in terms of shooting my shot.

Also, all players who are pure playmakers just SPAM dribble moves non-stop because you're basically guaranteed to get some sick ankle breaking animations.   I don't play like that and it really hurts me.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

There's probably a database online somewhere that keeps up with values of cards.  Similar to MUT Head's website for Madden's Ultimate Team.  I have over 10 packs in MyTeam just sitting there.  I've never even went to the tab to see what anything is.

Turns out they don't show up on that site. I know what it is, I've been on it before. I just need to complete one online game and I can get it.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I was playing 3's with a bunch of randoms, but I can't really shoot well with my Pure Playmaker, so I was making some bad passes/bad decisions.  Also, some people just shoot every time they get the ball.  My problem is, I don't shoot enough.  I'm so non-aggressive in terms of shooting my shot.

Also, all players who are pure playmakers just SPAM dribble moves non-stop because you're basically guaranteed to get some sick ankle breaking animations.   I don't play like that and it really hurts me.

I hate when I play with slashers and they scream at me for crashing inside on offense when they drive to the hoop.  They say that I draw an extra defender inside but that’s nonsense the guys on me are always the biggest defender they’re always going to protect the rim.  I’m a 7’3” Center, you should want me trying to get offensive rebounds.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I hate when I play with slashers and they scream at me for crashing inside on offense when they drive to the hoop.  They say that I draw an extra defender inside but that’s nonsense the guys on me are always the biggest defender they’re always going to protect the rim.  I’m a 7’3” Center, you should want me trying to get offensive rebounds.

Yea that's stupid.  A defensive rebounding center is supposed to be the one in the paint.  Playing with a slasher sucks with your build.  But I hate it when people scream on the mic period.  I just take my mic out.  I never talk to anyone and never hear what anyone is saying.